Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was wondering whether anyone could help me please... A bit of background first - I was given 50mg clomid in December last year as I wasn't ovulating my DP is fine though. In January (the second month of 50mg) I bought OPK's and at the time I had a 30 day cycle, well I detected a surge on CD15 which was right for me to ovulate on CD17 according to my cycle, the month after no surge was detected even up to CD17 so I thought I had missed it.  The month before last my cycle changed to 33 days, which I figured was the clomid and then last month I had Day 21 progesterone done and my progesterone level was 38.4, I had lots of EWCM from about CD15 - CD18 and I think I ovulated on CD18 and had a 32 day cycle so my progesterone level was ok but my consultant decided to put me up to 100mg anyway and did follicle tracking on CD12 where I had follicles on both ovaries, there were quite a few but the biggest were 20mm, 14mm, 12mm and 11mm and my consultant thought I would probably ovulate quite soon after that, well I am on CD20 now and no sign of ovulation, I have had watery/lotion like cm for about a week and a half - no EWCM and this month I am charting my temps and no increase as yet, I am just a bit confused as I have been told I am ovulating but I am obviously not......

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Boofy you could have already OV'ed, with follicles of that size + amount it looked good for this cycle although there is a possibility that you have not yet OV'ed, im sorry its all a bit of a guessing game but your past stats do look good + please dont give up hope for this month  ^reiki^

xxx

ps i dont think you should rely to heavily on the OPK's hunny, we all know how testing they can be  ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cleg  :) I gave up on the opk's in February when I couldn't get a reading by CD17 so I am just charting now but I only started doing that this month. I had a bit of a temp hike this morning only by .2 deg C though so not much of a hike ha ha ha and not enough to say I have ovulated according to my chart. Oh well hey, just have to wait and see if I ov next month.  I have had sort of a feeling that I only ovulate every second month, don't know the reason for that though as both ovaries had follicles, but just in case I may still ovulate I will keep up with the BMS  ;D

Anyway enough wondering from me, I am just going to keep charting and see if I ovulate next month, I am just sorry I wasted all those instead cups  ;D

Thanks for replying xx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Hiya

Just wanted to add that some people dont ovualte every month. So you may some months and not others .

As you say it is a bit of a guessing game !

^goodluck^ ^reiki^

x

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey Boofy!
Sorry to hear about the confusion, do you chart every day? Maybe you missed the rise? Did you only get one scan this cycle? My hospital will scan you several times from before to after you ovulate (or not in my case  ;D)

How are the instead cups, are they a nightmare to get in/out?  ;D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya Abby  :)

My hospital only scan you before, well they haven't offered me another scan anyway, she said she will see me in 3 months the last time I saw her....???

I have charted every day since CD1 but I only started charting this month and I think I may have ov'd late, my temps went up from 36.2 on wednesday to 36.4 yesterday and 36.5 today so if I have another rise tomorrow or stay at 36.5 I guess that will mean I ov'd on CD20 so I think I will probably have another long cycle 32-33 days like the last 2 months.  I  ^pray^ I have ov'd anyway. My back is killing me and nips are sore which happens after ov so fingers crossed hey.....

Instead cups are actually pretty easy to use, especially if you put them in straight after BMS, I haven't had a problem with them anyway  ;D you should try them, I think I will give them ago for my period too.

How are you doing this month?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts