Premium Member
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls, happy  ^gossip^

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Good morning girlies,

Well its a little cooler today,thank god!!Hot weather+hotflushes=very moody kelly!! ;D

I was just wondering about the side effects on clomid,Do any of you get really tired the week after taking clomid???I noticed this last month and thought it was just me but the past couple of days I have been knackered and falling asleep on the sofa in the afternoon!!!

Hope everyone is ok!!!

Kelly x

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Hi Kelly,

I have noticed I'm more tired, especially with Metformin as well! However, not slepping due to constant hot flushes - bloody weather as well! Can't win really!!

Kerry
xx

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hiya,

Kerry-I know what your saying Im sweating like a pig!!!!

I am still waiting for a nurse from the clinic to call me as I am not due to go for a scan untill thurs (day15)cyle is normally 33 days.I started getting ov pains a couple of days ago so I started opk's and I got a posotive this morning!!!!! :eek:Just wondering if anyone here knows if it would now be too late for iui this cycle as I have ov'd.I have posted on the nurse and iui thread too.

Dead nervous/anxious/worried

Kelly x

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Just wanted to say  ^bye^ & wish you all lots of  ^reiki^ ^goodluck^ ^reiki^ ^goodluck^  ^reiki^ ^goodluck^ whatever stage you are at.
I'm off to Rhodes at 7 in the morning & can't wait  ^holiday^ ^clapping^ ^holiday^ ^clapping^
Will be back in work on the 22nd so I'll catch up with you all then & hope to come back to some good news.
Take care everyone.

Erica.xx

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
HI Erika

^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^

^holiday^ Hope you have a great holiday hun & use plenty of sun factor ^roflmao^ ^holiday^

^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^
Love Martine xxx

·
Registered
242 Posts
Have a great holiday Erika.

Kelly - I had my successful IUI the day AFTER a positive OPK.  I got a positive OPK on a Sunday and they did the basting Monday afternoon.  I don't know a lot about the scans but you should be good for basting tomorrow.

Hope you ladies don't mind me hanging around still.  I will try not be intrusive, just can't help but 'keep in touch' with my Clomid buds :)

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Oh my god I haven't been on for a while have been taking a break.  ^BFP^ Nicky Mouse!!!! when did you find out, I'm really happy for you.

^wave^ to everyone else I had a lap last week so trying naturally this cycle, fingers crossed.  Erika have a good holiday

xx

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi...

I'm a new Clomid girlie...only day 9 of my first cycle.  I found it quite emotional last week, I had a couple of tantrums and felt a bit of a  ^idiot^!  I also felt a bit nauseous generally.

I am feeling quite tired this week, maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the late nights (nudge nudge, wink wink)

Good luck to you all.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is feeling ok and managing to cope with such hot weather.  Sorry I havent been around for a few weeks, I have been having a hard time coming to terms with no ovuation this month.  Im now on day 39 still no sign of AF  :'(  I wish it would hurry up so I could start clomid again although I dont think its going to work for me now  :'(.  I have an appointment with Consultant in September probably have to go for IUI.  Does anyone know the rough cost of IUI (I have to pay privately).

Erica - Hope you have a fantastic holiday
Arabella - Welcome to FF, fingers crossed for your first cycle of clomid.  Hope the side effects soon ebate
Nickymouse - Congratulations on your  ^BFP^ you must be on  ^cloud9^. Hope you have a happy, healthy 9 months ahead of you.
Kelly - Good luck with your scan, hope you got basted!!!
Hello to everyone else I have missed.

Jo
x

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nikki_mouse  ^banana^ ^banana^
Huge congratulations.  A lovely little ^pinkted^  or ^blueted^ for you !!

Let us know how its going

ScottishLéonie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all,

Nickjoaneeowen - any news on the cost of IUI? 
Hi arabella - welcome to the tissue girls - we get through boxes on this thread!
Good luck on the scan kellydallard
Have a nice holiday erika!

Had Lap and dye yesterday - still sore today - shoulder and neck killing me (its the gas they pump into you that does it), but good news - both tubes clear. However, NHS consultant now says that waiting list for IUI is 1 year and IVF 5 years!  Kelly I remember that you said you waited a year.  She also said that it was highly unlikely that IUI would work as we have been TTC for 4 years now, and IVF would be better.

I'm confused though - she also said that as I have seen a private consultant (for Clomid as was getting sick of wait for NHS) she would not treat me if I decided to go private.  Now I understand this to an extent - obviously you wouldn't want to be taking 2 lots of treatment - but if I pay private I could have it straight away and still be on the waiting list for NHS - why not?  Obviously private doesn't guarantee success and we would probably only have money for 1 IVF anyway. 

I got the impression she was ****** at me because I'd raised an official complaint into waiting over 2 years for either a lap or HyCoSy.

Have any of you been told this by consultants?

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Hiya,

Well I know this isnt the iui thread but I just thought I would let you know this month will be a big fat bfn!!with no 2ww.Went for a scan this morning as I got a posotive opk yesterday(earlier than expected) and I only had 1 follie which had burst-so too late for basting,its annoying though cos if they would of listened to me and had me in yesterday we might have been able to go ahead with basting.The nurse was rubbish-said ah well theres always next month!!!! She also asked if we had bms in the last 48hrs and I said no cos you advised us not to-she then said well you should have but its too late now-thanks alot!!! :'(

Kelly x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
^hello^ ladies
Sorry not posted on this thread for a while - been busy(ish) at work & nothing particularly interesting to say to be honest...started 2nd cycle of Clomid (3rd pill tonight) & "touch wood" I've not had any side effects so far - I don't wanna speak too loudly or too soon just in case the dreaded psycho woman decides to surprise me ^surprise^....actually I seem to be in a particularly good mood - smiling at strangers & generally being nice to everyone....don't get me wrong, I'd like to think I'm always a nice friendly person but as a London commuter its a rare occasion that I'd actually apologise & smile at someone who bashed into me.....^idiot^ ;D my hormones have definitely gone a bit ^confused^ but thankfully seem to be more :) :) than :mad:

Had some sharp twinges on my left side today (last month I had follies on right side) so I can only presume it's my ovaries kicking in. Got my monitoring scan next Wednesday (CD10) - our consultant only does Tues & Wed at the private hospital & have to have scan between CD10-15...doesn't really give me much option !

I've also got to have yet another blood test - apparently the test I had for auto-immune (whatever its called) was incomplete - consultant had some results back saying my blood clotted "too much" so I've had to take baby aspirin from ovulation onwards (& once pregnant)....he wanted to check because of suspected early miscarriages - has anyone else had this (like I say, I can't remember the name of test) ???

Anyway...

Kelly...how are you today - hope you've been sending evil mojo vibes to that nasty nurse (I know I would !) ? ^evil^ ;D :)
Frankie B & alicatty....hope you're both resting up after your laps & taking it easy. I've had 4 laps for endo so I know from experience how delicate - and bloated - you feel afterwards. By the way, if you are still feeling bloated then peppermint tea (or cordial) is great for easing it. Sending you lots of ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Nickjoanneowen...has AF shown her ugly mug yet ? Any news on the IUI ?
Arabella...hope you're having lots of fun ;) ^BMS^ - fingers crossed in the ^2ww^ & lots of ^reiki^ & ^fairydust^

Hope all the ladies on holiday are enjoying themselves ^holiday^ - I'd like to personally thank them for sending some lovely sunny weather over in our direction - hope it stays like this ^sunny^
Apologies to any ladies I've missed :)
Good luck to you all...
Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi all,

Thats bad news kellydallard - and how insensitive of the nurse!  Like you need  extra pressure! 

Nickjoanneowen - I had the prices through for the Cromwell clinic swansea, and with meds and scans i think that 3 goes of IUI is £800 - more than I thought.  IVF is about 3500 including meds.  NHS consult said that she didn't think that IUI would work as we;ve been ttc for 4 years (but Nikki-Mouse just had a BFP!!!!)

We have to decide now what to do as NHS waiting list for IUI is 1 year and IVF 5 years.  Its sooooo unfair - like we have to put ourselves through all this sh*t and then the NHS shafts us as well.  I'd really like to do something about it. 

Minxy - good luck on the follies growing - are you having IUI?

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi alicatty

Just to answer your question, no we're not having IUI. Back in April we were given 6 more months to ttc "naturally" (was told this after I had another hysteroscopy to remove more uterine adhesions - I've a bicornuate uterus & polyps).  During that 6mths also been prescribed 3mths of Clomid to help "boost" things - I ovulate naturally every month but consultant said that more eggs, more chance...if that still doesn't work then straight onto IVF. I've damaged, sluggish tubes - both - due to adhesions & previous blockage from endo (after 4 lap/dyes & HSG seems to have "pushed through" the main obstructions). The consultant says that there'd be no point going through IUI. I actually see a different consultant for my endo who also happens to be fertility expert & he said same thing regards no point IUI for us...so I kinda trust the judgement of the two consultants. Obviously hoping it won't come to IVF but if it does then we'll go private as NHS waiting list is 2yrs in our area of London & cut off age is 38 - I'm 36 already & we don't wanna wait that long. Just hoping & praying the Clomid works - on 2nd cycle now. Can't believe it's 5yrs wait list for IVF in your area - ridiculous - how come if some young girl has "issues" with having small boobs she can get it done in next to no time on the NHS but when a couple want a baby they have to go through all the stress of trying, followed by endless tests & then have to wait half a lifetime to get any help??? Sorry, I'll take my hiking boots off & get down off my soapbox :mad: Just doesn't seem fair to me :'(

Anyway, hope all goes well for you...
Take care & good luck :)
Natasha

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the reply Natasha,

I wish you luck, its a long journey isn't it? 
It really helps being able to talk to other women thou - all my friends with kids have told me they feel slightly guilty talking about it with me.  The IF NHS treatment is awful with the long waits.  Going to see GP on Monday and discuss treatment options, got 3 months left of clomid before either going for IUI or IVF. Uunfortunately husband in Navy and now posted away on a ship so that makes BMS very difficult!

Have a great weekend everyone!

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Morning ladies

I'm sorry to say I'm feeling really down today & not sure how to shake it off...all I did yesterday was cry & I feel like I'm gonna burst into tears every 5 mins now but I can't as I'm at work & I feel like such a fool...think I spoke to soon when I said I'd not got any side effects with the Clomid this month...(took last pill of 2nd cycle on Saturday night)

I think Saturday actually triggered it all off to be honest...went to a friends birthday bbq (unfortunately "G" had to work all day so couldn't come)...anyway, I was literally the only woman there without a child...there were 7 children (one of 9, one of 3 & all the rest under 18mths) plus one friend who's pregnant again...I felt like I was walking into a creche! It made me feel a total failure as a woman, worthless & useless & I felt like I wasn't part of come exclusive clique...especially as my best friend (who has the 9yr old - she had him when she was 21), has the knack of coming up when I'm chatting with someone who's holding a baby, she takes  a look at me, reaches for the baby & starts "oooing & ahhing" - like I'm completely incapable & would never make a good mum anyway. It's like the fact that they've all experienced labour then I'm not really a fully fledged woman - it's like their "secret handshake". I know it's probably all unreasonable feelings on my part & I'm just being overly sensitive, especially cos I'm sure some of it is the Clomid talking...but it hurts so much & I feel like such a worthless cow...

...and to top it all "G" was really :mad: that he had to work all day Saturday so was in a right stroppy mood yesterday & rather than being supportive of me feeling all hormonal & upset he just said I was being ridiculous & that I really annoyed him when I was all sulky...which consequently made me cry more - what a mess. "G" & me made up but I feel so ^censored^ crap & I don't wanna be here, sitting in an office trying to put on a smile when inside I feel like I'm falling apart.

Sorry to moan but no-one else really understands what it feels like...
Take care
Natasha

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.