Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am now 5 weeks pg, after taking 50mg clomid for 2 cycles (the first one didn't make me 0). My GP has prescribed me some progesterone gel to use for 30 days. This is because somebody mentioned to me that it was a good idea with clomid pregnancies, as the lining of the womb may be too thin. My Dr doesn't really seem to think it will help, but said it would do no harm.

I am not sure whether to use the progesterone or not. I guess I am worried that after 30 days, there will be a sudden drop in levels and this may be a problem. Can anyone give me some advice?

I look forward to hearing from you. This waiting for 12 weeks to be in 'in the clear' is proving quite stressful - and I thought the 2ww was bad enough! 5 down, 7 to go...

Nicky

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Use the cream! You are right that Clomid can affect womb lining but the fact you are pregnant means it probably hasn't. Taking progesterone cream will not do any harm and it can be very reaassuring in these first few weeks. By the time you stop it, your body and the baby's placenta will be producing enough. Congrats and enjoy it!!

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts