Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Ladies

Can any of you give me some advise please.  I called the hospital this morning (CD1) to arrange for a scan.  I am starting taking Clomid 100mg tomorrow (CD2 - CD6). This will be our first attempt at IUI, so Im pretty nervous and don't know what to expect.  My nurse is on holiday next week and can't see me until Monday 15th Aug (CD12), I am worried that this may be too late incase I ovulate on CD14 (which I do every month).  I have told her of my worry and she told me that they could do the IUI the next day if everything is ok, but that the first month is a case of trial and error as they dont know how I will repond to the clomid as I could overstimulate and they may have to abort the cycle.  What day do you usually have your first scan.  Can anybody give me their experiences with regards to overstimulating also.  Sorry for rambling, Im just so nervous.

Many thanks for your advice 

Kerry xxxxxxxxxxxx  ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

On my 1st cycle of Clomid I had scan on CD12 & ovulated night of CD14/early hours of CD15....I wanted to have scan on CD12 again this month but our consultant only does certain days at hospital we go to (private) so I had to have it on CD10 & ov'd CD14 (I usually have 28 day cycle). My situation is slightly different though in that we're not having IUI so I can't really offer any great advice regards timing etc.

Good luck & take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Hi Kerry,

Sorry, I can't help you scans etc, or IUI stuff. But just wanted to say good luck with your treatment.

KerryB
xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.