Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what the answer will be to this but wanted to double check ;D

We are going away in June to Portugal with our 8 month old daughter. I assume it's best not to bring dresses, etc with us? What we plan to do is when we get ready for the evening, we'll bath Molly and get her ready for bed. Dressing her in a vest and romper suit/b'gro (dependent on weather). We've been told not to bother bringing a sleeping bag with us.

I would however like to bring a cardigan, trousers, few nice outfits just in case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think that will be okay?

Thanks so much ladies.

x

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
If Molly is used to sleeping in a sleeping bag, then I would take a light weight one with you.

I would dress her in a vest (perhaps long sleeve?) for your nights out, with easy take off clothes on top - cardi and pants.
I would then just strip her to the vest and put the sleeping bag on her ... familiar and comfortable.

Have fun!
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I'd ditto Dee's comments, i'd definitely take your lightweight grobag, it really does help settle them when they are still small as its so familiar to them.

Have a fab time.

Bev x

·
Registered
990 Posts
we took a 1tog growbag with us too.  Highly recommended.

We also took a fitted cot sheet of our own so it felt familiar and also a toy that Maisy has on the side of her cot (just a mirror with a soft surround).....again so it was familiar.  I'd take some warm clothes...we had rain and wind during our 10 days away and it got so cold at night that Maisy was wearing a short sleeved vest, growbag and her cardigan ! You will also need some warm clothes for when you get back home (night time arrival esp).

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the tips ladies, I'm definitely going to bring her sleeping bag ;) it's a 1.0 tog aswell and sleeveless so will be cool for her with just a vest on. Ju2006, great idea about the cot sheet. Think I will do this too, not only will it be familiar to her but I'll know it's clean ;) you never know ;D

We arrive back to Gatwick at 12:50am so will definitely be chilly, will pack a blanket and cardigan for her anyway as may well need them out there (bloody hope not though ;D)

Going to start sorting out stuff this week as less than 3 weeks till we go and haven't even got round to what I'm taking :eek: ;D

x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right I made a list of things to bring for Molly, do you think it's too much?! We are going for a week to Portugal.

1 Sleeping Bag
x 7 vests
x 3 b'gros
x 3 rompers
x 1 cardi
x 1 blanket
x 2 pairs of socks
x 2 trousers
x 4 shorts
x 4 tshirts
x 2 swimsuits
x 3 dresses (2 smart, 1 tshirt type one for day to cover up)
x 1 skirt (to wear in day, again tshirt type material)
x 1 cot sheet
Few toys

x

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hope you've saved some room for a few sunhats ???

Do you have any sunsuits to take with you (50+ UVA protection) ?

BTW i'd recommend spray suncream for babies as we took non-spray ones and it was a bugger to get it on when she was wriggling and creating ! 

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oooh yeah forgot about sunhats ::) thanks Ju ^hugme^

Do you mean the all in one romper type suits?? If so I think it would be a waste of money to get one for her now, she isn't crawling so will more or less sit in the shade if she's plonked there. Those things are fab for when they learn to walk though, definitely on the list for next summer!

Good idea about the spray, we have some Nivea suncream for babies for when we had that lovely weather but she doesn't like it being put on when she wants to be busy ;D will bear that in mind!

So you think that list is okay?

x

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think the list is fab and you'll probably come back with loads of stuff that isn't dirty, yippee less washing !!!!

I bought 2 sunsuits (yeah like romper suits) and cos of the weather Maisy only wore them once, they are 9-12mths and will let her wear them in the garden if the weather picks up here !!! There's hoping ! I shall put them on ebay next spring.

Ju

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much for your help again Ju! I just don't want to be caught short whilst out there and she has some lovely outfits ;)

I hope you get your use out of them in Hastings ^pray^ if not profits galore on Ebay ;)

x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts