Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I don't really know what board i should be posting on but i put 'clubbed tube' into the search and it brought me to this board - sorry if it's wrong.  :-[
Anyway i had a lap and dye 2 weeks ago and i thought the doctor had explained everything that was wrong. Today i got a letter from the hospital detailing everything and one thing that they hadn't told me was that my left tube is 'clubbed'. Does anyone know what this means? I'm very confused - is it a bad thing or just 'one of those things'.
Please help. ^eyes^

Kittenmum  ^cat^

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Kittenmum,

I've also been told after a laparoscopy that I have a 'clubbed ovary' and they are attributing my failure to get pregnant to this. 

It was explained to me that the ends of the fallopian tubes are not fimbriated as they should be, so that when the egg is released by the ovary it isn't caught by the wafting ends of the tube, as they are abnormal and 'clubbed' together. Therefore the egg isn't travelling down the fallopian tube to meet the sperm.  It explains why I haven't been pregnant yet!

I'm in the middle of my 2ww on my first go of IVF.  PM me if you need any more help...

Rosie.xxx ^daisy^

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank Rosie,

That ties in with the 'reconstructed fimbrial end'! You explained it very well and it too explains why I've been having problems! Hopefully they have done a good job reconstructing it  ^pray^
Well i wish you luck on your first go of IVF. I've been told to try for 6 months and then if I'm not pregnant by then i have to consider IVF. I don't think I'll get PG this cycle as it's too near the lap and dye and all those pain killers, but I'm hoping in the next few months that beautiful second line will show up on the test. Fingers crossed.
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for you.

Kittenmum  ^cat^

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hi Kittenmum
Yes hun, you're in the right place ;)
Why don't you pop across to the main Hydro Chicks thread, they're a lovely group of girls and am sure they'll be able to advise/support you.
We also have a "Hall Of Fame" with all of our lovely ladies who are ttc with tubal issues, take a look at who's where, and see some of our success stories, as tubal issues does not necessarily mean all is lost ;)
Wishing you all the best
Lotsa love
Gayn
XX

Hydro Chicks http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=136102.105
Hydro Chicks Hall Of Fame http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=119955.0

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
hi there kittenmum  :)

i had bilateral (both) clubbed tubes which were also filled with fluid (hydrosalpinx) as you know it is where the ends of your tubes at the ovary end are fused together

in jan 07 i had tubal surgery to repair both tubes + it worked, both clubbed ends were intricately opened much to everyones relief + the fluid was drained, i was then given a window of 6-9 months in which to try to get PG naturally + was also given clomid as a little boost even though i OV naturally, unfortunately the hydro came back on right side + tube fused so in november last year i had both tubes removed so not to intefere with further TX

MrsChaos has left you some useful links, if either of you have any ??'s dont be afraid to jump in + ask  ;) 

xxx

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Cleg  :)

As always you start off thinking you're the only one in the world who has these problems, then you come on this site and meet loads of people going through the same thing and being really helpful to boot!

I really don't know what I would have done without this site and the friends I have made while on it  ^hugme^

I feel much clearer about things now. I've also been given 6 months to get PG and I'm really hoping it's going to happen this time  ^pray^

A big thank you to everyone  :-*

Kittenmum  ^cat^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts