Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was hoping that someone could tell me when is the best time to start using Co-enzyme Q10.  I am having my first cycle of IVF and have just started stimming.  I am confused as to whether I should start taking it before or after egg collection.  Any advice would be welcomed, as I'd hate to make a mistake at this point in my treatment.  Thanks so much. 

Bex x

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Hi Bex,

I really don't know the answer but I expect if you call the Zita West Clinic and get Mel's email address she'll tell you. She called me when I needed a really simple question answered.

Good luck and i hope this cycle is a success!

Charlie xx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Coenzyme Q10 is an antioxidant-like substance required by the body at all times for mitochondrial (cellular level energy producing) processes.  It should be taken consistently all cycle long; it also helps lower blood pressure  and decrease cholesterol.  I take 120 mg, DH takes 200.

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi
I take it all the time too - ever since last tx cycle I carried on through to this one. It also helps with uptake of nutrients as I understand it - sometimes nutritionists tell you to take it if your body has 'had enough' and needs a kick start to help you get the benefit of any other healthy eating you may do.

Claire

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for your advice ladies.  I'll carry on taking it indefinately.  Bex x

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I am thinking of getting some Co-enzyme - i was wondering what the reason was that DH/Dp took higher doses - if anyone has the time to explain would be grateful.
What dosage is the best to take?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi safari girl

I would also like to know the answer to your question!!

I looked in Holland & Barratt for it and there is so many different makes and strengths!!

Emmak

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Girls,

I was trying yto find out how much to take and got absolutely nowhere! Cancer patients take 1000's mg daily, and yet the RDA is something like 30mg! :eek:
I asked the Zita West clinic and was told I should take their supplements which have it in - that works out to 60 mg/day (and £20 a month!). Very helpful :mad:

Does anyone actually know what is the recommended amount for ttc?

F x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts