Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that I'm not the only Mummy who's LO thinks the way to fix going in a direction that they don't agree with when holding hands is to just let their legs go to jelly.

I really don't want to give in and pick him up, but similarly I don't want to be dragging him along by the arm feeling like it's going to pull out of it's socket!  ;D  Reasoning with him doesn't work, although that might work in the future (some hope)

What do other Mummies do?

Jane
xx

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
  Jane,

Sorry I am no help.. I just pick Miles up... he NEVER wants to walk in the direction we want
  to.. Oh sorry... not never.. If he see's a puddle up ahead he runs to it !!  ;D ;D

Katy. xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
M just gets picked up and she has a tantrum whereas J I can reason with and convince him he wants to go my way although there are times I just go the way they want to see what they are heading for.

Chux xx

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Collapsing Leg Syndrome (CLS)? Is this any way linked to BSS (Body Stiffening Syndrome) ?!!  ;)  You know, when you want to put them into the pushchair, and they straighten out like a plank? ;D

Sorry, but back to the question....when Lola gets jelly-legs, I just pick her up under my arm like a rugby ball and run! The bobbing up and down usually distracts her and makes her laugh although it makes me look kinda stupid!  :-[

If DH is with me, we do the 1-2-threeeeee swingy thing whenever she decides to do it.

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Sugar - that's what i do!!

M is also the master at BSS - when she has a paddy, she goes so stiff that you could pick her up by her ankles and she would stay completely straight!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts