Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Had EC on Monday, got 17 eggs, 15 mature and 10 fertlised.

Got call today to advise that the 10 are still going strong and are all of good quality, this is much better than last time as only had 6 fertlised and only 3 were of good quality at this stage...... don't want to get too excited though.

Will be given time for ET when they call tomorrow, should be Saturday, not looking forward to the full bladder!!

Going to ask them how many cells tomorrow, anyone know how many they should be at this stage?

Thanks,

Emma xxxx

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
I think day one is 2-4 cells. That's what we were told last time. I've got a pamphlet about it somewhere but won't have time to dig it out till this evening.

^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, will look forward to that later.

Haven't had call yet today, hopefully will be soon.

xx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,

Had call from clinic this afternoon to say that 5 out of the 10 embryos are of good quality and the other 5 are not so good, they are a bit behind, however I am booked in for ET on Sat morning.

When they called, I asked them how many cells and what grading etc, she said we had 2 x 6 cells, which 1 was a 4.4, which she said was top quality and the other was a 3.3, which is just below.  We called them back as we wondered if they would be putting 2 back, they said all depends on quality etc.

Just wondered if anybody knew a bit more about the cells, grading and how they decide to put 2 back?  Only had 1 good one last time so nothing to compare it to.  Any responses, much appreciated.

Thanks,

Emma xx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey

just wonderin how u got on with ur ET??

now the dreaded 2 ww!!

Jenna xx
^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jenna,

Thanks for your reply.

ET went well, had 2 embies put back, not top quality but good quality.  Unfortunately like you, we also had none frozen, its amazing how they decline throughout the week because we still had 10 strong ones ones on weds, which then went down to 5 on thurs.  Bit gutted as we didn't have any frozen but hopefully, we won't need them.

I see we are at the same stage, be lovely to keep in touch.

How are you feeling?  I feel fine, just taking things easy.

Take care.

Emma xxxxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hey Emma

Yeah its strange how things work..i feel grand after ET but still sore after EC so just takin it easy..im off work till next monday so wanna just relax....have u takin any time off??were bouts do u live??

awww hopefully the 2ww wont be too bad..is ur test date same as mine??april fools day!!

Jst  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ over and over that it works....

Jenna xx

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good Luck - I'm crossing my fingers for you x x

^fairydust^

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Jenna,

Glad you are feeling good, I didn't really have any major pain after EC but I see they poked about a bit more with you, thats prob why your still sore!!

This is our second ICSI cycle and last time I went back to work straight after ET, this time I am having the whole 2 weeks off, think I will be bored but really wanted to have the time off this time.  My job is not manually tiring, but I am the manager of a travel agency so can be a bit stressful being in charge!!  I live in Suffolk, how about you?

Test date is the day before yours, the 31st March, eeek!!  Its my 30th birthday a few weeks after that, am praying for a sober birthday!!

As always take care.

Emma xxxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey Emma

Yeah i found it awful :(

Im gonna see how i feel towards the end of the week before i decide whether to go in the followin week!!

I work as a supervisor in a supermarket so thats stressful/demandin heavy work etc so dont wanna push myself plus ones in work dont no this is why im off and want to keep it that way!!they no about the treatment but ive said to them it hasnt happened yet just so they dont be questionin me!!

I live in northern ireland so not a million miles away lol!!aww let me no how u get on..

love

Jenna xx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bless ya Jenna,

Thats is horrible that you found it awful, the first time I wasn't too keen but for me wasn't so bad this time.

Yes I would def see how you are feeling and if you do go back to work, you must be very careful especially as no-body knows, for the sake of another week.

Northern Ireland hey, I've been to Southern but not Northern, was beautiful.

Speak to you soon,

Emma xxx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you saucy sailoress so much,

Now in 2ww, had 2 blasto's transferred, its a wiating game now. Am  ^pray^ ^pray^
xxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hey Emma

Im still quite sore plus just had a major cramp in my stomach so hope its nothin to worry bout..

The more i think about it the more im convinced i should just take next week off too..

Wanna give it best possible chance..

Its so sickenin havin to go thru this..angers me to think of all those people who have kids but dont give a damn..Id end of drivin myself crazy thinkin like that though..

I love havin this site to come unto cos its good to chat to others in same boat..My friends have be great too but they dont really understand!!

Yeah ireland is beautiful,north and south,wee village i live in is class!!so small and never hear a peep at all apart from my dogs out the back lol!!wouldnt wanna live anywere else!!just pity the weather wasnt better :):)

Jenna xx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good afternoon Jenna,

Sorry to hear you still have pain, I have had a slight cramping in my stomach today and lower back pain, am  ^pray^ its not AF.

Your right, I too am so pleased to have other people to talk to, like you my friends are so sweet, they keep checking up on me but they don't really understand (its not their fault but they don't), plus 2 of them are pregnant with their second child and another of my friends has 2 children so how can they understand.  I too get angry when you see all these young people walking around pregnant, would you belive I saw someone the other day, I reckon she was about 6 months and was smoking!!!! :mad: she wasn't even hiding it!!!

Sounds idyllic where you live, I don't live in a really busy place, it is a town and its in East Anglia so its quite nice really but doesn't sound as nice as yours though.

Regards next week, I would take the time off and don't worry about work, they can cope without you, this is more important and especially as you haven't had a great experience with ET.

Take care.

Emma xxx ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey Emma

some people seriously have no wit..that to me would say it obviously wasnt planned and she doesnt care either way the harm she is doin to the wee baby..sickens my happiness :( aww fingers crossed its not AF..il say wee prayer for u..

Ill decide near end of the week cos there is only so much sittin about i can do..id just go and take it easy anyway plus it mite make the week go bit quicker lol!!

love
Jenna xx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Morning Jenna,

How are you feeling today?

Had dull pains all day yesterday, have not mentioned to DH as don't want to worry him.  Did a bit of research last night and a lot of people said they had that and the back ache and got a BFP, mentioned implantation cramps....... but you can't get too excited.  Woke this morning at 7.30, went back to bed and woke again at 8.45, felt so rough, really dizzy and hot and a bit sicky, again think i'm reading too much in to it!!

Like you said, see how you feel at the end of the week and decide about work then.

Take care,

Emma xxxxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey Emma

Im feelin well today thankfully..

Hopefully it is just implantation pains and nothin else..

Try and keep positive pet,ive been chattin to a few people who have bled but have still got BFP so like u said try not to read to much into it!!

Im tryin not to think too much about test date otherwise i would just drive myself mad..

keep me posted on how ur gettin on pet..il send u my number..

Take care..

Jenna xx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for your message Jenna,

So pleased you are feeling better today,  you sounds really positive today too.

Yes its not a good thing to think about the test date, its a long way off.

Trying to keep positive but its hard, got annoyed today that my potatoes were not cooked properly in the slow cooker!!!  What a nutter, haha.

Speak soon,

Emma xxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey

Thats hormones for ya lol!!

i find it easy when dh is with me to stay positive,its when im sittin on my own ive too much time to think!!

i think i will head back to work next tues,at least then il have somethin to keep me occupied for the final few days!!

Still cant be believe this is it..

My hubby has been soo amazin,if anythin this whole process has made me love him so much more if that was even possible!!soppy i no lol!!

Aww just wish i new either way :(

Take care pet

Jenna xx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes I know what you mean about DH being around, its so much better, mine is looking after me so well, bless him.  He works nights sometimes and thats not nice  :(

At least at work the time may fly by a bit, so far my week is going quite quickly, DH has day off work tomorrow so that will be great.  Been sorting out our honeymoon photos.

I too wish I knew either way too but unless AF turns up, which we don't want then we won't know for a while, try and keep strong.

Prob give you a text some time.

Emma xxxx

1 - 20 of 32 Posts