Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to confess to keeping mine to put in Cerys' memory box, don't know what she's gonna think of me  ^idiot^ or do with it tbh but can't bear to get rid of it  ;D

So come on how many more of you are there  ??? ;D

Channy xxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
There are quite a few as I found out a while ago on another thread, but I absolutely did NOT, not even the clamp!! Didn't cross my mind too (and I'm not sorry I didn't) as the whole cord thing grossed me out. ;D ;D

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
I didn't keep either of them.

It didn't even occurr to me to keep the clamp, too much going on to think about keepsakes  ;D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Eurgh Channy ;D  I didn't too yukky for me but my SIL still has at least one of her kids cords and she's 10 now.  The kids aren't impressed in the slightest and a bit grossed out by it!

Lou xx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I'll confess - i did!

My mum kept mine, and still has it - cord and all!!! ;D

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
~ Chux ~ said:
There are quite a few as I found out a while ago on another thread, but I absolutely did NOT, not even the clamp!! Didn't cross my mind too (and I'm not sorry I didn't) as the whole cord thing grossed me out. ;D ;D

Chux xx

same here was happy for it to be thrown away when it came off

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I think us wierdos are in the minority, channy!!! ;D

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
guilty  :-[ 

(have both in memory box  ^zombie^)

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
I had a section - didn't even see most of the cord - only the stump which fell of at seven days and was starting to look a bit gross so that was straight out  ???  Didn't even get to see the first poopy as he did it straight after the birth so missed out on a few things I think  ???  :-\  Didn't fancy cleaning up the meconium anyway so glad someone else got to do it  ;D  ;D

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I kept the clamp but not the cord!!! It never occured to me....  ;D

xxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I t did occur to me that i didn't want to be fiddling around taking it off - that would have made me gag!! ;D it was easier just to keep it all....

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
yuck yuck yuck!!

I absolutely adore newborns especially my own, I love every inch of them, but the cord stump is the one bit of a newborn I can't bear, it's so horrid  :-[

No way was I going to keep either of them - ewwwwwwwww  :p

Claire x

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
aww i have both cord and clam proudly tapped in maisies baby book..made father in law jump when he turned the page ha ha  ;D

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
;D mind you, you think that's grose - my sister taped her DS' first bogey in his baby book!!!!

;D ;D

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
I have Caspars and so many other things similar. 2 albums of photos of 'firsts' walk on beach, etc etc.

I am terribly sentimental with regards to him  ::)

xxxx

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
I've got the clamp but not the cord as Megan was still in special care when her cord stump came away - but they did keep the clamp for me

Don't think I would have kept the cord stump though that is a bit gross

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
just had a look have invitation of first party he went to, first size nappy (unused of course!) , a birth announcment card, The Times bought on day he was born, little wrist and ankle straps from hospital, first letter posted to him (his NHS card), first postcard he received and soooo many other things. Im terrible!

xx

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lulu ~ I am the same, keep everything ::)  But i'm upset now i didn't get the paper the day Cerys was born. Got the birth announcment card, wrist and ankle bands.....the list goes on.......oh i also kept her first xmas card to her Daddy AND our xmas card to her  ;D

Elaine ~ I too take a piccie every 17th, what are we like  ;D

Emmyloupink ~  ;D ;D poor FIL

Claire ~ i even cried when it came off, oh gawd, i'm gonna be an emotional wreck for the next 18 years and beyond  ;D

x x x x

·
Registered
759 Posts
OMG they're getting worse - taped in a book, first bogey ;D    Whatever next  ;D  Please please nobody tell us that they've kept their babies first poo ^roflmao^

I have got newspapers on the day of all their births, hand and footprint of Hollie (must do one of the twins), identity tags, first birthday cards, christening cards, letters re their birth and baby record books, first lock from Hollie's first haircut

channy - just seen your post as I was going to do mine.  You could get a back copy if you really wanted to - you can order them on the internet, although Im not sure how far back they have them.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts