Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm hoping someone can advise me.
DD is 9mths old and has always been on Cow&Gate Comfort1 formula.
She is badly teething, and has a chest infection at the moment. She would normally have 4 x 6oz bottles in a day. Since her poorly-ness has started she's struggling to have 3 oz per session.
Today is the first time in 3 days that she's had 3 meals (and kept them down), and yet her milk intake is well down on usual. I think she's had just 8oz altogether today. She has had 3 yogurts - each with her medicine mixed in!  ;)
And she's been topped up with water incase she dehydrates.

I don't know if when she's well again, she'll go back to 6oz bottles, or whether she needs her milk altering. She is 9mths old and apparently hasn't  reacted well to attempted changes in the past.

How should I go about making things right again??

:-\

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya

How are things now??

Most babies/ children if they havent eaten much during an episode of illness will do a catch up session when their appetites are back to normal.

Dont change her milk if she is happy & settled on it. You could give her extra yoghurt's, milky puddings to catch up.

If you are concerned about her milk intake try and get her weighed and see what is happening.

Let me know how things are

Jxxxx

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeanette

DD is 9 mths old. She's on the mend now thank you and day by day her intake of both food and milk is gradually increasing.

Ambesol Liquid - I spoke to a nurse about it and she didnt know of any other reactions to it. Anyway, I put it down to a disturbed night, and then a busy day filling her face with 3 meals!!
Since then she's much brighter in herself and still loving me putting it on her gums to soothe them!
So despite my initial concerns, I would recommend it for teething babies!

Thanks again

x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts