Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fantastic ladies

We got lucky on our 3rd IVF round  :)  and I am 12 weeks pregnant (12 weeks scan tomorrow -  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ !).

My clinic has advised to stop gestone at 12 weeks completely with no other progestone supplements - any of you lovely ladies done this and everything been OK or not ? Just need a bit confidence to stop - we have had a hell of a journey to get here and to say I am fretty would be  understatement of the year ! ::) ::)

Dont get me wrong - I wont miss them and my bottom is very black and blue !

Any help / your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Huge huge huge massive thanks in advance

Tiffers xxx

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi Tiffers -
Congratulations on reaching the 12-week milestone!!!
It's very common to stop progesterone support at 12 weeks. My docs however (due to miscarriages) have kept me on progesterone until 16 weeks as that is when the placenta takes over completely. That seems to be the newest consensus amongst the fertility community, but many clinics have not adopted this yet.
X Hola

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi
  I was on the lovely gestone injections and also was told to stop at 12 weeks I was also terrified to do this but as you can see from my ticker it was fine although my backside is still very sore!!
Just remember your body will be taking over now and producing its own progestone now and believe me having that last injection is great!!
Good luck for your scan

Tracy x

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Hi please try not to worry you will be fine coming off the jabs at 12 weeks. I know how hard it is to trust your body and give up the medication but your body is ready to take over now.

My US clinic stops progesterone when a heart beat is seen (and they have the second best IVF stats in the US) and my UK clinic started weaning me at 10 weeks from gestone (alternate days then three times per week then stop) although kept the cyclogest going full dose because I had had a previous MC until we got to 12 weeks. I am now fine and my bum has recovered pretty much, and hopefully now you are into the 2nd trimester you can enjoy telling everyone and starting to relax and enjoy things a bit (although have only got to that stage at 19 weeks!). Good luck for your scan and hope it all goes well
love
C :-*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts