Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are starting the meds for a Donor egg cycle on the 29th of September.  After 2 unsuccessful nondonor fresh cycles, we are ready for positive results and would love your advice.  I have been reading up on acupuncture and am ready to start but do not know how many treatments are truly beneficial for increased IVF success.  I spoke to the acupuncurist recommended by our clinic and she said 12.  But then I was reading about some studies on the internet (2002 in Germany) and they mentioned 2 before transfer and 2 after.  Should I also continue after the transfer and if yes how many times.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
3 is a charm

G

·
Hi 3 is a Charm

I also have been investigating the accupunture and IVF thing, my findings are that it is vital to find somebody who knows the IVF process and has treated others before. The only time you need treatments are when down regging (before transfer) and during the 2ww, I understand that a total of 2 treatments is more than enough or though maybe four might be more benefical.

Hope this helps xx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there,

For my 3rd cycle I had acupuncture.  I went once before d/regging, twice during d/regging, twice during stimms and once during 2ww.  I'm still going now (approx every 8 weeks) and I'm now 14 weeks pg.  I went to a lady who knows about treating IF issues. Apparently, the number of times you need to go depends on you and your inner energy.  It all sounded a bit wahoo to me, but I kept an open mind and now am convinced that acupuncture is the reason for my BFP.
Good luck with your cycle and hope your dreams come true!
Lots of love
Hope2
xxx

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi I am having acupuncture at the Zita West clinic and they recommend one before and one after et
cheers
andrea

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.