Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am concerned that my acupuncture seesions could interfer with my ivf treatment, due to start in December.  My therapist says that she wants to try to combat the negative effects of the drugs, but is this wise? Should I have acupuncture around my EC and ET dates? I'm very confused.  :-\ Thanks  Bex x

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
hi
i had acupuncture throughout my ivf cycle and am continuing now i have my bfp.
as a minimum i found it very relaxing.  I also believe it contributed to the fact my side effects were minimal, our embryos were unusually good quality (all grade 1 at day 2 or 3!) and we got a bfp. Of course there's no proof that it helped with all this.
My aunt is an acupuncturist in Aus and she told me to ensure that you find someonewith some experience of fertility and women's health.
it's up to you ultimately as you need to feel 100% comfortable that it's right for you
good luck!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi, I'm on my 3rd IVf and I strated Acupuncture a couple of months ago for my headaches & migraines (with fantastic results!),  I did some research on the web about IVF and Acupuncture.  All were positive of the effects, one study showed that 2 groups of women on IVF, those who didnt 28% got pregnant compared to 48% who did.  The best time to have it is within 3 days of ET.  So I've booked my session!  Apart from feelin very relaxed on it, I've noticed that I'm not 1/2 as stressed this time round about the IVF.  SO it does make me wonder whether its having an all round good effect on me.  Best of luck to you.  x ^reiki^

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the lovely positive messages, it's made my mind up to continue with it.  I think I just need to have a good chat with my therapist and have all of my questions answered.  Congratulations Elvie, what fantastic news, you must be so excited  ^cloud9^

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi forgot to mention , that acupuncture is also good for sickness, whilst on te drugs and Morning sickness if you're lucky to be pregnant!  Mine, offers a service, where she tapes the needle down in your arm and you keep it there for as long as you can, and then you go to her and she changes it for you, whether its daily or every few days so that it helps combat the sickness, worth mentioning to yours.  I've just come back from a session and I just feel so much better for them.  Go ahead and treat yourselves! ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Bex

Just really to reinforce what has been said here.  I have had acupuncture for about a year now and started just after I had a miscarriage.  I continued throughout tx but had a two week break from just before ec until test date.  Some therapists do treat in this period.  I certainly have felt very well throughout this pregnancy and the preceeding treatment.

Clare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts