Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am keen to find out what the medical profession recommend with regard to reflexology as a complementary therapy during fertility treatment.

I am just about to start my second cycle of ICSI and have been having reflexology over the last couple of weeks to get my body 'ready'.

However I need to know whether I can do any harm once I start a) down-regging, b) stimulating and c) once I'm on the 2ww.

Any advice?  I'd be keen to carry it on if I could because I find it relaxing.
Thanks,
Katie

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Katie,

On my 6th IVF attempt I decided to give reflexology a go and started having this twice a week 3 months before treatment.  My reflexologist was not qualified in infertility and so was dubious about treating me once I'd started down regging so I did stop, but hey look where it got me!!

I think if you go to a reflexologist that is used to treating clients for infertility they may know more about when you can and can't have treatment.  I know some ladies have had reflexology all the way through their treatment.

Good luck!

Andrea x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.