Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Complete Fertility, Southampton General Chat

53K views 323 replies 34 participants last post by  Tommi 
#1 ·
Hi there, im soon to embark on my first and last attempt at IVF and wondered if there is anyone out there about to do the same at the princess anne, would be great to speak to others going through the same thing x x

#2 ·
hi lou la

good luck with your cycle. It can be quite daunting going in but you'll soon get in the swing of things.

If you don't find anyone from PA here who is cycling with you, have you tried the cycle buddies boards? THeres a thread for every timing of cycles so you'll find some great support on there.

take care

Cath x

#3 ·
Hi there,

Complete fertility is in the princess anne in southampton.
They have always had a fert clinic but they have never been able to offer IVF until now.
Weve been at the clinic for about 2 years and the staff are wonderful so were gonna give it a go.
Unfortunately can only try once as we dont get any funding  x

#4 ·
Thanks Cath, i will give cycle buddies a go,
Good luck 4 you to0 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

#5 ·
Hi Loula Bell,

I have just got back from my post iui consultation at Princess Anne and we too have decided to go for IVF Once. nervous now!!!! How are you getting on?
xx

#6 ·
Hi smiley bunny,

All all scarey but exciting stuff isnt it, when are you due to start?

Were seeing Dr Brooks on Monday and im still waiting to have a polyp removed but we should be going for it End Feb beginning of March, eekkkkkk!!!!!

its great to speak to someone going through the same thing, keep me posted and good luck :) :) :)

#7 ·
Hi Lou la hope all went really well with yr consultation today.

I spent a while calling the clinic today to try get info about when we need to be seen for ivf as we are looking at the egg share programme, as it's all new no one knew much but we are booked in for next consult in fen. In the meantime it's a hycosy for me to see if they need to remove my polyp.......funny how we are similar! Do let me know what they say to u I am all a bit scheemish about the polyp thing!

Take care
Xx

#8 ·
hi there smiley bunney,
Appoint went well, very excited but also very scared!cant believe this is prob our last go!
Dr Brooks phoned re our polyp and appoint should be 10th Feb.
I know how you feel , im feeling bit odd bout it too,i will let you know, do you have a date yet?
Were hoping to do IVF in march all being well and finances allow, so fingers crossed for us all.
Good luck to you smiley b keep me posted with your journey xxx :)

#9 ·
smiley bunney i forgot to say if your having your polyp removed at the pa i have a telephone number for admissions.

You can phone them direct and they can give you a rough idea of time etc and put you on a cancellation list if you want too.

Hope your having a good week  xxxxxx

#10 ·
Oh thanks Hun.
I have appt for hy  clay next week they are going to decide them. I hate hy cosy!
We are booked in about the egg share in feb so hopefully they will have sorted everything for us to start soon as we get back from hols in may.............finger crossed!

This whole thing is a minefield! R u doing egg share?

Xxxxx

#11 ·
Good luck for next week smiley bunny, i hope it goes ok and isnt too uncomfortable.

Were not doing egg share at the mo, what does it involve?
Booked in to have my amh blood test on mon to see waht that is and booked appoint for the healthy eating clinic too, just to keep me busy really :)

Let me know how you get on sending you lots of  ^reiki^

#12 ·
Hello,

Just wanted to say hi - we are hopefully having treatment at PA, we have been told that we need IVF but need to wait til we ^pray^ qualify for a free cycle our next appointment is in Apr to send our details for our free cycle.

We 2 are under Dr Brooks who seems lovely.....fingers crossed for you -  have no idea if/when we will start our cycle but its nice to be able to come and chat to peeps who are at PA ^hugme^ ^hugme^

#14 ·
Hi there, welcome!
I havent been on here for ages, think we will now be having our treatment in April or may too.Keep in touch , would be great to hear how you are getting on!
good luck! xxxx

#15 ·
Is anyone with the Complete Fertility Centre in Southampton?

We are about to start our last cycle of ICSI.

They haven't got any published results yet as have only been practicing since December but from reading about them on their website they look good! Their consultants have a good range of experience, their facilities look excellent and their package seems very good and includes a few things that other clinics don't without extra charges.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

#17 ·
Hi Chicky!

I'm about to start ICSI at Complete. I'm seeing Mr Brook on Monday for the set up appointment to cycle in April hopefully. Have just got my AMH results back though which weren't too good (5.5)

So how is it going with you? What stage are you at?

I hope everything is OK (and more people own up to being at Complete!)

Em
x

#18 ·
Hi Star - I'm at complete! I have my set up appointment with Mr Brook on Monday. Are you using Complete or just considering it?

Em
x

#19 ·
HI All - just trying to bump all of the Complete Fertility threads so hopefully we can get 1 thread going for Support! Am cycling in April with Mr Brook. Will be my 3rd Cycle - my first 2 were in Norway - the first of which we have a gorgeous 3 year old daughter from. I did say never again but seem to be drawn to Complete!

Lou la bell - are you still cycling in April? Do you have a set up appointment?

bennett - not long now until your next appointment...?

smileybunny - how are things with you?

I hope you are all well,

^fairydust^

Em
x

(don't forget if you click on Additional Options... when you reply you can get notified if anyone replies to this thread)

#20 ·
Hi there,

lovely to here from you.

Were due to start on my next cycle, around the 8th April, drugs arriving tommorrow so all a bit scarey now!

Do you know when you are starting?x

#21 ·
Great to hear from you!

We're seeing Mr Brook at 2 today. I'm very nervous. I shouldn't be as I've done it twice before (in Norway) but the single magpie on the green outside is not really helping!! I'm just worried they will say no due to my AMH (5.15) and my weight (bmi 34.7). Oh that and they'll ask me about my weight and I'll start crying and then they'll think I'm unstable and not suitable to have IVF!  ::)

Me neurotic...? Nah!  ^idiot^

But all going well (!) we'll be starting short/antagonist protocol (i.e no down - regulation phase) as soon as AF turns up around 9th April.

What protocol are you doing? If you're on short protocol what did they say about Easter as it'll be at just the time we are due for EC...?

Em x

#22 ·
Good luck for today, am sure you will be fine.
Those damn magpies i bloody hate it when i only see one of those, i was never like this before treatment, Mental ;D
Sound like we will be going for it at the same time hun.
Were doing the short cycle too .Spoke about egg collection if we get that far and he said theywould open on any day that was needed!
Have you got all your drugs etc yet?
just put my order through, bank balance alot smaller  now !
Anyway keep me posted, good luck ^hugme^ x

#23 ·
Hi there, were with complete fertility.
Have been under Dr brooks, not literally ;D for a good few years now, due to start ivf in a few weeks x

#24 ·
if you have any questions fire away x

#25 ·
We havent really had to wait as were already seing them privately before they turned in complete fertility.

another friend of mine has just started with them though and didnt have to wait long at all, they seem to be very relable.

the nurses there are lovely to , really reasuring and understanding, ive phoned them sooooooo many times in the past about little things, so nice to know there is someone on the end of a phone for reasurrence

#26 ·
Hi there,

well Monday went really well. Mr Brook was happy to prescribe me prednisolone and clexane which was a nice suprise - I had prednisolone first time in Norway and both second time in Norway. Then he put me on Menopur 300 and cetrotide. Drugs arrive on Monday. very exciting!

As you said Lou La Bell, the the nurses are absolutley lovely! And in fact everyone there is lovley. They are all so relaxed and can't do enough for you. They didn't even mind me taking the list of drugs away and seeing if I could get it any cheaper (I could only save about £20 on the £700ish they quoted me and even then I think that was a mistake in my calculations). They confirmed that they don't have a mark-up on the drugs.

Lou la bell - how many days worth of stimming drugs did they give you? I think I only have 8...

Cupcake - we only had a few weeks wait and it would have been sooner if my father in law hadn't died a few weeks ago (we had to go and sort everything out for my mother in law in North Wales so had to cancel our initial appointment).

Just out of interest I thought Mr Brook also recommended the following stuff too:

accupunture
omega 3
vit c
b complex
gen mum to be vits
high protein diet.
oh and folic acid obviously.

And I can't recommend the clinic highly enough at the moment. They have turned me around from 'I'm never having IVF again' after my last IVF in Norway!

Anyway, I'm just ranting and raving now!

^fairydust^

Em
x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.