Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 
Just a quick question - hope u can help!  I'm due to start my 4th icsi cycle on 2/3/05.  I have been reading about Male & Female Fertility Plus Vitamins and was wondering whether it would  be worthwhile us buying them when we are due to start treatment in less than a month.

Look forward to hearing from u.

Many thanks

Lou

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
Hi Lou,

This is a personal opinion but I think a good prenatal vitamin can only help (most essentially daily folic acid).  I think the Marilyn Glenville vits. are good and contain the essentials.  I would recommend them.  Other things I believe (again a personal view) can only be good are reducing or giving up caffeine, no alcohol and obviously no smoking (if you do).  Plus lots and lots of water, especially during the stimming period.

Just a personal view.
Wishing you the best of luck.

Daisy
xx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Lou
I took these vitamins when I was ttc and although they are a bit on the pricey side, I would thoroughly recommend them - they are a really good balance of what you need - start taking them as soon as you can as its a good idea to get them into your system as soon as you can.

Wishing you lots of luck.

Joanna
xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hi :)

My dh had very poor motility, morphology, low count etc., caused by a failed vasectomy reversal. We were told our only hope of having a baby together was through ICSI.

He took the Marilyn Glenville vitamins during our first cycle and the embryologist told us that everything had improved, and that we could even have had standard IVF as opposed to needing ICSI. She even said natural conception wasn't impossible now, but that ICSI greatly improved our chances.

We don't have any other explanation for this marked improvement in my dh's fertility, other than it must have been the vitamins!

^goodluck^  with your next tx cycle!
^wave^ luv Nat xx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your advice  -  going to order some right this minute and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Lou

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Lou

Where do you get these vitamins from?  I am intrigued now  ;D

xx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Steph

www.naturalhealthpractice.com

Good luck

Sal xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Cheers missy

Jo - you were right - they are a bit pricey - but I s'pose it's worth it in the end!  ;D

xx

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi, my DH and I both took the supplements during tx. We bought 3 months worth each as they were doing a deal. In the grand scheme of things they are not that much money and anything is worth a try.  There is alot of vit B in them and they turned our urine green!  Good luck.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have a bottle each - quite full - of both MG Fertility Plus for Men and Fertility Plus for Women if anyone would like them? I can put in a jiffy and post to you if you IM me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi - am a patient at the MG Clinic and have been on MG' supplements for 6 months now - and having firts IVF this week! Can highly recommend them though - get started ASAP. MG has also put us on a totally organic, high protein diet - no caffeine, smoking, drinking etc. Give it a go! We get them direct for the clinic or from her website: http://www.marilynglenville.com/supplements/index.htm - check it out in case is cheaper!

Good luck,
Mizz Gizz. x

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi

I also went and saw a consultant at Marilyn's clinic and had an individual tailored viatmin supplement.  After two failed fertility treatments and three miscarriages we wanted to give ourselves the best chance at our next fertility go.  After only three months on the new diet and supplements I conceived naturally and am now 19 weeks pregnant - we have never got this far before and everything is looking really good.  I am sure it is all down to the vitamins - some of which I am still taking now - I understand zinc is quite an important one too for reproduction and other supplements helped me to keep the embryo once implanted.

Any how compared to fertility costs this is so much cheaper and even if you don't concieve naturally at least your body is in optimum condition for your next fertility go ie good sperm and egg quality.

Hope this helps!

Michelle

·
Registered
64 Posts
Michelle - am delighted to hear that, it gives me hope. Did you see Amanda by any chance? She told us she still thinks we can fall naturally - but as we are over 40 we wanted to try IVF (EC in 2 days time...ulp). Like you we wanted top be in tip-top condition for our next treatment, and have both lost weight and are feeling really healthy.

Luv,
Mizz gizz.  ^reiki^

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Mizz Gizz

Yes we did see Amanda - she was great and when I did fall naturally she sorted out my first scan when I was just over 4 weeks pregnant to check it was in the right place etc and I have had scans at 6.5 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks and my next one at 21 weeks in the same clinic - they make you feel so reassured - especially with my past history.

Good Luck with everything and let me know how you get on - I'll be keeping everything crossed for ec tomorrow.

Michelle

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
i've just ordered the mens fertility plus one of her site.  I've already got a substantial amount of pregnacare for me so thought I'd spend the money and get some vitamins for d/h.  Will try anything!  They are quite dear but its for 90 tablets so not too bad if they help.
xxx

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
I've noticed some people add in Flaxseed Oil and Vit C to the fertility plus?  Anybody aware of this? Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Nat,

I'm a brand new member and found your message really motivating, after reading your comments.  My partner is in the same situation, poor motility following a vasectomy reversal and we're just about to start our first ICSI cycle.  I've just ordered him  some vitamins as we will try anything right now!  Good luck.

Michelle

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi, if nobody has claimed them then I would be happy to take them off your hands.  I'm happy to pay something towards them..

Thanks
Michelle

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
hi there

I took MG Vits as well as vit c and linseed oil which she recommends on my fifth cycle of treament and it worked! Who knows whether it was anything to do with the vits but worth a shot I think!

Good luck
Sophie
x

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's great news Sophie - this is our first IVF since being on the MG supplements + vits - we have been on them for approx. 5 months now - I haven't produced many follies (3 in fact), but am hopeful that they willbe good healthy ones thanks to the supplements. Am having EC tomorrow.

Michelle - yes, I love the MG clinic - and Amanda is great, and always gives you hope!

Take care,
Mizz Gizz. x

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.