Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Wondered if anyone can offer a pearl of wisdom? I am aware that during the 2WW we put every pain down to our embies and whether or not they are implanting.........but how do I know if I have something totally seperate from tx that I should be seeing a GP about?? ^idiot^

I have had numerous tx cycles (2x bfn, 1x live birth, 2x biochem and 1x very late m/c) but this time I am experiencing terrible stomach pains if I sit with my legs at less than 90 degrees to my body, try and cross my legs or scrunch my stomach in any way such as picking things up. This has been happening on days 8, 9 and 10 with EC being day 0. The pains are very sharp, give the feeling of something being trapped and make me feel lightheaded and nauseous. My stomach is very bloated - bigger than when I was 6 months pg with DD. I am a poor responder so presumably have no worries over OHSS.

I phoned my clinic today and they just said to drink lots of fluid - however this was the receptionist who did this without the use of my notes??

DH wants me to see GP but I don't want to waste their time if it is tx related. Equally don't want to ignore if it needs looking at.

Wait and see if it subsides, wait and see GP after OTD (01.05.08) or see GP Monday if no improvement?

Caz x

·
Registered
32 Posts
Caz

You should get in touch with your clinic if you are at all worried. I've been really bloated and uncomfortable for the last two days so I called my clinic today and I spent 7 hours having tests done, turns out I have mild OHSS and I only had eight eggs so I wasn't really in the high risk group either.

Hope you feel better soon - I know I do, just by being told what it is and knowing that I'm not imagining it!

Kaz

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi Caz,

I'm with Kaz hun.....i would call your clinic and speak to someone else. Even if you are low risk, it's worth getting it checked out :)

Good luck and take care,

Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Phoned the on call IVF doctor/surgeon today - who told me to drink lots and rest - again without even looking at my notes and giving a real couldn't care less attitude. I pointed out this was my 6th fresh cycle and that as I've never called before I could hardly be considered a hypochondriac or someone who worries about every little twinge. So glad we pay a fortune for tx!!

Am going to call my GP Monday.

Anyone know if a hot water bottle or wheat bag is safe during 2WW - my body is telling me that it would be comforting if ok to do.

Caz x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Sorry you aren't getting any joy from your clinic....hope your GP can help hun :)

Think hot water bottles and wheat bags are best avoided I'm afraid.

Take care, Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

I'm still getting the pains but milder. Trying to not "scrunch" my tummy at all as this is when it hurts most. The good news is I got my  ^BFP^ last week - spoke to my clinic to tell them result and voice my concerns over the pain again and they said if there is anything untoward it will show up at my scan in a few weeks. As the pain has lessened I am just going with it and shall go to my GP again or local hospital if it gets worse again. My GP was unable to help much as he felt the clinic should have been more helpful??..........suspect it was the usual thing with GPs of being slightly against private patients as my GP is normally fantastic.

Thank you for the advice you gave

Caz x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts