Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear ladies
Sitting here on a Saturday wondering what is going on with my body. I was due to start down regulation last month however after only 2 days of buserelin injections, my thyroid results came back to say that I had a predisposition to auto immune thyroid disease and as such, Bourn Hall cancelled my treatment until I got see by an endocrinologist to sort it it. I have been on thyroxine for just over two weeks now and my period was due on 4th Jan (28 days). I am normally around 30 day but now it is day 32 and still nothing. I have got terrible cramping on and off for days now, sore boobs, you name I have got PMT however no sign of AF. I have never been as late as this and before you ask, no, I am not pregnant, done 2 tests already with a BFN. Do you think the two days of buserelin has knocked my system out or has the thyroxine knocked my cycle out?

I am feeling so much better for being on thyroxine it's not true and full of energy and don't want to be taken off it just cause my period is out. I am also worried in case it is the pre-menopause as I am almost 38. Any views would be most welcome.
Baby dust to you all xxxx

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Hi,

I don't know about Throxine, but I know that any previous period dates should be ignored during IVF treatment, as the drugs are now taking control of everything.

My period took about 16 days to come, but I do know some women who took up to 3 - 4 weeks.

Good luck.

x

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there

Thanks for you replies. My IVF was cancelled last month and postponed till March/April so I was told after two days on down regulating to stop the buserelin injection. They also told me that it would come out of my system pretty quickly given that I had only injected twice. So I am thinking it must be the thyroxine that I am on that has knocked my cycle out. I am going to call the clinic tomorrow and ask for their advice, if they cannot give me any advice, I will contact my endocrinologist and ask his advise.... ahhhhh this is driving me mad.

For the record, I have had a full thyroid scan including TSH, TPO, T4, T3, you name it I have had it and so the endocrinologist has put me on thyroxine for 2 months to see how I get on.

XXX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.