Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am looking for some advice about Clomid.  I was on the pill until last month and took Clomid on days one to five of my af (withdrawal bleed) and I am now on cd 10.  If I am going to ovulate then when about's should that be as I am really cofused.  The OPK's I bought don't appear to be working properly but I will get some more but not sure how long it should take for the Clomid to work?

Any advice would be great  :)

primrose x

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi primrose,

I'm not a nurse but was on clomid for six months and opk's didn't show up once! I had follicle tracking on the third month and i was told i would ovulate within four hours but still they didn't work!

My consultant said most people ovulate five to seven days after last day of taking clomid, I would start  ^BMS^ today if i was you!

Good luck hope my reply has helped a little!

Lots of love

Emmak ^fairydust^

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Emma

Thanks very much for your reply as I was starting to get a bit worried!!! 

I have been getting lots of  ^BMS^ in over the past few days and plan to keep going over the next week or so just to be on the safe side!!  ;)

Hope everything is well with you.  I will try testing again tomorrow and see if anything changes.

primrose x

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Hi Primrose

Can i ask why are you taking clomid if you have just come off the pill?

Basically your periods could be all over the place if you have just come off the pill but like the other girls say you should ovulate approx 5 - 11 days after stopping the clomid but the best thing to do is take your shortest cycle length, subtract 14 days and start testing on that day, earlier is better than later.

Clomid should work i.e. should make you ovulate straight away but with some women it takes longer than others, again the same for getting pg.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts