Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
I have been told that my LH level is normal by gynae consultant (it is 9)
but this test was done whilst I was having no periods. I have since been taking clomid, but never had a test of LH levels during a cycle. I Am  :-\
as I would thought this would make sense as it would be a more accurate measurement even whilst taking the clomid. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

lizxx

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Lizzie,
You're right on one hand.  LH/FSH should be measured during days 1 - 5 of a cycle.  Different hospitals have different reference ranges for LH and FSH and LH on its own is difficult to interpret, it needs to be looked at with the FSH.  Even though you're not having a period, you can still ovulate.  It's not known what happens to that egg if you don't conceive.  it may be that it just comes out, or that the tissue is reabsorbed into the body.  However, you can still have a bleed, even though you're not ovulating. 
If you are having a period on Clomid, the most important thing is to determine is if you are ovulating by a day 21 progesterone and, if they do this at your hospital, to have scans to see if your lining is thickening enough on your current dose.
I would say these tests are more important to do than another LH.  LH is not useful in the diagnosis of PCO/PCOS

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
;D Hi quackers!

Thanks for the advice! I've had progesterone tests on clomid which show that I am ovulating but never had any monitoring of my endometrium.
I'm only questioning my LH levels because have heard that clomid can increase them even further if they are already raised, which can affect egg quality and endrometrium. As you can see i'm not totally convinced that clomid is the wonder drug its made out to be. (or maybe i'm just biased!)
Thanks

Lizziexx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.