Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somethings been bugging me about why the Clomid may not have worked for me this month (trying very hard not to over analyse everything - but I can't help it)

Only my GP told me on Friday that even though you may produce mature follicles they don't always have eggs inside them.

has anyone heard of this before?

Because when I had my first clomid scan on cd 12 I had two mature follicles (18 mm and 20 mm) and I had an hcg injection to ensure ovulation.

But could I still have ovulated and the follicles simply didn't release any eggs? If so was the hcg pointless?

Is there any way of 'seeing' if there are any eggs inside a follicle?

or could it just be that things didn't 'click' this month?

'Confused clomid chick'

S
xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there

Yes, it is possible to have mature follies but no eggs...the only way to confirm that you ovulated ie actually released egg(s) would be to have a progesterone level blood tests 7 days past ovulation.

Unfortunately there is only a 20% chance of conceiving each month, even for healthy couples with no fertility issues....and even if an egg is fertilized it may not implant & you may not even know.

I ovulate naturally but whilst on Clomid have had 2 mature follies each month so far...and cos of my high progesterone level consultant says that definitely released 2 eggs...have you had a progesterone blood test this cycle to confirm that you actually ovulated (ie released egg) ???

Sorry it didn't happen for you this month but wishing you loads of luck ^reiki^
Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love this site - every day I learn something new (something some would say my consultant should actually be tellling me - but hey - if I ever get past his secretary!!)

Thanks a mill for that info Natasha - I was never offered a blood test.

But I'll deffo ask to be booked in for one after my next scan on Sep 28th.

'Not so confused clomid chick'

S

xx

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing I just thought of though Natasha

How would they be able to monitor my progesterone levels 7 days post ovulation if I've had an hcg injection - wouldn't that affect the reading?

S
xx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
The HCG only acts as a trigger to release the follicles that are the fluid filled sacs that release the eggs so would not of thought it would affect the progesterone reading however i may very well and easily be wrong.

Good luck anyway your follicles sizes are very good btw!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.