Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just got back from consultation and been told that we can no longer proceed with IUI  :'( :'(as Dh sa results fluctuate so have been referred for IVF. am trying to stay positive but have no idea how long the waiting list is going to take. Has anyone/know anyone who is under queens essex know roughly how long it takes/took? or am i better start saving to go private?
any comments appreciated

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Hi Kirsty,

I would contact your local PCT to find out the funding requirements for IVF on the NHS first, as I am not sure if you are aware but private IVF/ICSI costs about £5000 to £6000.  Sorry if you already have this information.  You can also contact the hospital direct and ask them how long there waiting lists are, as it really does vary from place to place. I had no waiting lists in Oxford, but I have seen some women on the Babycentre website have wait's of up to a year or two.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
kirsty, is that queens in romford????

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes Lisa Queens in Romford i believe the referral for ivf goes to st barts?thank you stacey have looked at a few places and requested information on egg sharing and costs etc xGood luck to you both

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
kirsty i was at queens the referal takes around 18 weeks untill u get an appointment, so u should hear not too long after and u should be up there within 4 months, barts has no waiting list either :)

lisa
xxx

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah thats great thank you one of the people said it could take 18 months to 2 years waiting list so was feeling disheartened but am really pleased it wont take that long!! Im feeling a lot more positive will be so worth it at the end fingers crossed!! x

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
kirsty, no it has to be within 18 weeks, from referal to first appointment. once u have been seen at barts they then do all there own tests, some u might have had done already, and once they are all done u start the follwong month, they call u in for an info day.

join the barts thread
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=247245.2628

everyone on there is going to barts :)

lisaxxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.