Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

E2 is 169pmol/l but all the results info I can find on the web and in my book are different unit measurements ( eg pg/ml) so don't know if this is normal or not???

Any one know what the normal reading is or what units it is measured in??
Thanks
Sunflower

^hugme^

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'm just looking at my print out that came with my results and it says:

Normal range follicular phase: 130-500pmol/L

which means you're fine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot, Violet!  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Different clinics and labs use varying "normal" ranges and measurements so you really need to check with your clinic. Also, if you use the search facility on this website you'll see your question is a frequently asked one. Your level of 169 pmol/l appears fine but really only your consultant should interpret your results....but here's some info I provided for someone else....

♥ Minxy ♥ said:
Hi

Is this the info you were after....

This is what I was given for FSH/LH...

FSH & LH "normal" range tested between cd2-5...you need to be aware that different clinics may use varying measurements & ranges but these figures show measurement in IU/l

(follicular stage) LH - range 1.9 - 12.5 IU/l
(follicular stage) FSH - range 2.5 - 10.2 IU/l

FSH levels to indicate ovarian reserve (all in IU/l):
under 6 = Excellent
6 - 9 = good
9 - 10 = fair
10 - 13 = diminished
13+ = hard to stimulate

I also found these ranges which someone else was given, so as you can see, the different labs have used slightly different ranges but gives you a rough idea (all in IU/l)...

Follicular: FSH 2.8 - 14.4 LH 1.1 - 11.6
Midcycle: FSH 5.8 - 21 LH 17 - 77
Luteal: FSH 1.2 - 9.0 LH 0 - 14.7

Your FSH level should ideally be tested alongside your oestradiol (oetrogen/E2) level as oestradiol may suppress a usually high FSH level so not giving a clear picture.

Here's some info re Oestradiol but you really need to check the unit measurements that yours were given in.

1 pg/ml = 3.67 pmol/l

100 pg/ml = 367 pmol/l (pg/ml to pmol/l = 3.67)
100 pmol/l = 27 pg/ml (pmol/l to pg/ml = 0.272)

You do need to be aware that different clinics and labs will use varying ranges and measurements so you must check what the "normal" range is for your clinic but here's just a few "normal" oestradiol ranges for follicular stage which I found whilst searching these boards...

different clinics ranges for FOLLICULAR PHASE - oestradiol (E2)
37-539 pmol/l
40-606 pmol/l
75-250 pmol/l

and here's a link to a useful website (but check the measurements as it's a US site so they may differ slightly)

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html#female

Hope that helps
Take care
Natasha

[red]This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites[/red]
Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts