Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
London Internet Exchange (LINX).

The LINX is a central hub for internet traffic.

There has now been a second significant problem at LINX which will be affecting internet traffic throughout the UK, this happened at approximately 19:50. Once again you will be able to see the affects of this by checking their public traffic statistics.

https://www.linx.net/pubtools/trafficstats.html

There is a considerable amount of network disruption at other UK providers as a result of this problem at LINX, but our service is not affected by this. If you use certain UK providers to connect to us you may see performance adversely affected and also packet loss; this is a problem at the provider/LINX end.

This means that depending on your ISP - you may find it difficult to post on here - or perhaps even lose posts.

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Thanks Tony - explains a lot

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Thanks - I wondered what was going on xxx

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Thanks Tony,

Thats really weird that they specified a time, because yesterday afetrnoon I was trying to post on here but couldnt, so so frustrating I gave up in the end..........

Debs
xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The other time was in the afternoon ;)

I did get an email from out data center - however I didn't say anything on here because I thought it might just be a a blip.

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There has been another significant problem at LINX which will be affecting internet traffic throughout the UK, this happened at approximately 18:30. You will be able to see the affects of this by checking their public traffic statistics.

https://www.linx.net/pubtools/trafficstats.html

Our network is designed to close down connections that have problems via the BGP protocol, which is what happened. Traffic is then automatically re-routed over other connections. The network resiliency happened as designed and traffic continued to flow as normal.

There is a considerable amount of network disruption at other UK providers as a result of this problem at LINX, but our service is not affected by this. If you use certain UK providers to connect to us you may see performance adversely affected and also packet loss; this is a problem at the provider/LINX end rather than our end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts