Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,  :)
I am 18 weeks pregnant and just over two weeks ago I bleed bright red blood  :(and was kept in hospital overnight, the blood soon went pink and turned to spotting, however the next day I bled again which also turned to pink spotting that night.  The U/S showed everything was good with baby and nothing was seen to account for the bleeding, all samples and swabs were clear and an internal found that my cervix was closed and looking healthy  ^clapping^.  I have had heavy to medium dark brown blood every day since, it comes out in big clumps daily when I wipe and urinate that look clotted together and means I need to wear a panty liner every day and change them constantly, it’s so thick at times it doesn’t even absorb into the liner,  it’s disgusting and is really getting me down.  I have been told numerous times that it’s old blood and is fine and have no idea why it's happening, but this brown stuff has been going on for two weeks non-stop and I was wondering if there is anything you could advice that may help reduce/get rid of it and how long after a short bleed should this be expected to continue.

Thanks so much, any advice would be appreciated  :) :)
x

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

As you have probably been told, brown blood is more reassuring than fresh red blood, however, you do seem to be having a lot of it.  Did they find out where the bleeding was coming from?

I'm afraid I haven't got any way that I can tell you to get rid of it, but if it continues over a few more days, I would see someone again.  Don't feel awkward about keeping on at them, it's much better to keep going about it than to leave it and anything be wrong,

emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Nope, unfortunately they didn't have any idea where the bleeding was comming from, nothing was obvious from the U/S and as baby was doing very well I don't think it was felt there was a need to do a more detailed check.

Thanks very much for the reply.
x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts