Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter,
l hope you can help me. l am very upset all the time as l am always worrying that the baby is ok. l am just back from holiday with my husband and friends and whilst away l read an ariticle in the Daily Mail that ICSI treatment doubles the chance of birth defects. Do you know anything about this?
Also when l was away l thought since l was at my 12 week point it was safe enough to have two glasses of red wine at night. l knew before 12 weeks it wasn't and l certainly won't be having anymore as today l read that it is not safe and could cause problems. Now l am terribly upset that l may have caused harm to my baby. l was away for 2 weeks. Do you think the baby could be harmed? l have been so careful in everything else that l have done.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lou2 said:
Dear Peter,
l hope you can help me. l am very upset all the time as l am always worrying that the baby is ok. l am just back from holiday with my husband and friends and whilst away l read an ariticle in the Daily Mail that ICSI treatment doubles the chance of birth defects. Do you know anything about this?

This is correct but the defects are minor so there is still really nothing to worry about.

Also when l was away l thought since l was at my 12 week point it was safe enough to have two glasses of red wine at night. l knew before 12 weeks it wasn't and l certainly won't be having anymore as today l read that it is not safe and could cause problems.

This is OK but try to avoid alcohol and pasive and active smoking from now on.

Now l am terribly upset that l may have caused harm to my baby. l was away for 2 weeks. Do you think the baby could be harmed?

No. Relax, everything is fine!

Keep smiling!

Peter
l have been so careful in everything else that l have done.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peter you have put my mind at ease. l am going to try my best to stop all my worrying.
Lou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts