Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really sorry for the TMI topic but have today had ET and haven't been able to go to the loo for 2 days now. Never had a problem before.

Already feeling bloated from the fluid intake and the pessaries but now seem to have constipation on top.

Any suggestions whats safe to take or any particular food (except prunes - sorry girls but I don't like prunes).

Thanks,

Nat x x x

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Nat

Have you tried half a lemon squeezed into hot water.  It's most effective if you have it first thing in the morning and then leave 20 minutes before eating.  It usually does the trick, if that doesn't work I'll pop down and flush you out personally!  Just joking lol

Lolly X

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm still getting it at 9 weeks.  I find that every couple of days I just have to have a meat free day.  3 weetbix in the morning, wholemeal bread, veggies, nuts and dried fruit seem to do the trick.  Also, I've been making soup - split pea & ham works well.  Apricots, dates, and figs seem to do the trick.  Though they do make me a bit windy as well.  I think if you are too inactive it doesnt help much either.  I have to go for a gentle walk 'round the block to get things going.  You should also drink lots of water too.  Good luck & hope you get a positive.

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Aww Nat, aint that just the worst thing?!  I bloomin' hate cyclogest  :mad:

I'm with Lolly on the lemon and water and Megan on the various food stuffs she suggested and a little gentle walk around the block.

I also find that it's better to avoid 'refined' carbs, eg white bread - they stuff me up no end.  ;D
Try eating lots of pulses, lentils, beans etc.
Cabbage is good too and sauerkraut if you can bear it is even better, but be prepared for alot of wind!!!

Hoping for a great result for all your discomfort!

Claire xx

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

I will send DH to the shop now for some lemon.  :)

Sounds like the foodie and fruit bits are a good idea too.

Thanks again,

A grateful Nat x x x

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lemon has done its trick.

Thank you so much.

Feeling better already  :-[

Nat x x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts