Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due to start a 3 month course and am hoping the side effects will be OK - I was wondering what advice any of you have had for dealing with Clomid and work - did anyone tell their manager/team??? 

I have quite a stressful job with a high level of responsibility and am a bit worried about it all really, so I'm looking for some advice...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm on my second month of clomid & have took both courses about 6pm with dinner, that way I have the majority of my side effects whilst I'm asleep. I am currently on 50mg & find that apart from being tired & the odd stomach cramp I've had no side effects at work. I haven't told my boss or anyone & to be fair none of them have actually noticed. I never ovulated on the first month but have this month & all I had is a few mild stomach pains. I know some people have been quite  ^tantrum^  on them but you don't know until you start them. Fingers crossed that it works first time so that you only have one  ^spin^ month on them.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Hi Sweetpeapodder

Great news about you starting your treatment, first off.

Ummm, telling work is a tough one.  You may be very lucky and not have any side effects at all hun?  I guess I would say see how much you feel you are changing and make the decision then - and suggest that your work install a naughty step!

xx

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I think it depends on your colleagues really. And your boss. I haven't told my boss we're TTC as she'd probably find a way of sacking me (yes she really is that horrid!), but my colleagues all know. I haven't really suffered with any major side effects, and really I don't think its anyone's business but your's and DH's!!

Hopefully you won't get too many s/e's - maybe the tiredness, a bit  :'( and sometimes a bit  ^idiot^  ^bigbad^, but they are managable!

Good luck
xx ^bigbad^

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
sweetpeapodder - dp installed a naughty step when I was on Clomid!!  I have never had pmt before so it was a real shocker for me, I turned into my MOTHER!  Dp would crack me up. I would be about to throw his dinner at the wall and he would tell me to go to the naughty step! 

x

·
Registered
48 Posts
Pootle-

I have jjst read your summary and wanted to say that I feel very sorry that you have miscarried 3 times. Are they now investigating why?

I was pregnant in jan 05 and m/c April 05. Really horrible- how do you remain so churpy? Found the whole thing really distressing.

Does it get harder for all of you when you hear that friends / family are pregnant or is it just me? Not sure if I am turning into Cruella or if it is natural.

Love

Humph

xx

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Hi Humph

It's hard to stay positive after m/c, particularly last time as we allowed ourselves to bond with the twins, not thinking for one second it wouldn't work out.  I keep going by thinking I WILL BE A MUM. It hurts like hell, more so when people around you seem to be getting pg all of the time, without any bother.

I hate the journey but it's one I am prepared to stick at!

xx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi girls

Pootle- well, you are a credit to us all, I would say. The battle may be long but you seem very determind so I will take heart from that. Do you have good people around you that you can talk with (apart from ff girls who are obviously irreplacable).

I seem to bore most of my close friends and dh with my feelings- so much so that he gets bored of me, and tells me so at times.

I also know what you mean about others getting pg around you- seems to get harder each time. Still, at least you girls are here - a life saver I think.

Take care of you

Humph

xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.