Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help me- DH and I are waiting on our first appointment to discuss ICSI with fertility clinic but are having to pay for our own cycle as we are unable to get NHS funding. Can someone advise how much they paid for fertility drugs to give me an idea of cost? Many thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Many thanks for the reply- will be sure to ask about this when I get my appointment through x

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi pooki,
Hope you get sorted but i agree with w1nsome all depends on what you need. For my ICSi treatment it was about £700. Hope this helps x x

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Pooki - I am on a Antagonist Cycle (short) and as my AMH is a little low, so I've got quite a high dose.  We are having IVF rather than ICSI,  but we have paid around £3000 for the IVF (it's an extra £1000 for ICSI) my drugs came in at £950 for 10 days worth, I had to top up last week, so add another £180 for drugs, plus the consultation fees and blood tests - we have spent just over £4.5K.  It's not as black and white as you would hope, as extra cost crop up along the way, i.e petrol for example, as we have to travel 30 mins to get to our nearest clinic.  Sorry to scare you, but be prepared for spending lots of money.......HOWEVER, if you look at it another way, most people don't blink at spending the equivalent of 3 cycles on a hunk of depreciating metal (AKA a new family car).
Good luck!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the replies guys it's given me a good idea of cost although obviously will have to wait unti lI speak to clinic it's been really helpful x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts