Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I thought I might post this in Peer Support to see if anyone has had similiar experiences..

We were under the impression that our IVF cycle was £2,300 and have now found out that we have to pay another £1,700! The reason we are being charged the extra amount is because my sister has donated the eggs. We have paid seperately for the drugs so can't see why this extra cost is needed.

I feel like we are being penalised for not using my own eggs (of which I have none). When I asked the cash office why this was, they checked with a nurse who said it was because they had to co-ordinate two people, even if the process was the same as they would have done for one person.

When I asked my doc, he said that it might be because they class up to EC as the IVF and then charge for a Frozen transfer when I get involved..that still doesn't add up price wise.

Any feedback would be great..Thanks!

Bx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello B

I'm so sorry to read this. What a shock - thats a lot of money unexpected  :eek:.

Its my understanding also that it cost more because of the coordinating of 2 people.

It doesn't seem right though - that you hadn't been made fully aware of this.

Emma xxxx

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
Hi B,

Welcome to FF.

Whilst the figures are typical for a donor cycle - I agree with Emma that clinic should have been upfront at the start. How long have they waited to tell you this?

Tony
x

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your feedback Emma and Tony  :)

Yes, it's alot of unexpected money to find...they suggested that maybe because we had our first cycle on the NHS and breakdown of costs were never discussed then, it was then missed.

We have paid the £2,300 prior to the transfer and are now outstanding £1,700 which we only found out about when we received the invoice a couple of weeks ago. Our doc said he would get the cash office to call us on Monday but we haven't had a call from them...am tempted not to chase them on this and maybe it will just go away!  ::)

Bx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.