Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

K has been in a co-sleeper since she was born and we are now looking at cots, or preferably cots that transform into beds for later.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
We got a M&P one for DD and really happy with it. I'd go for one with more than one base setting so don't have to lean all the way in when DD still little.  Ours is still on the middle setting (has 3 setting) at 16 months just about to be moved to the bottom, I just keep putting it off as long way to lean with a bump to lay her down at the bottom setting

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:)

Thanks will check them out. I was meant to be having my sister's cot but dont think that we can get it here in time.  K will be 5m this weekend and I am guessing the co-sleeper will no longer be that safe...mind you maybe it will be ok until she can crawl...I cant remember.... ::)

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I love my M&P one too... mine also had three adjustments, Alex has been on the bottom for for a long while due to being a climber but he's yet to get out (which is quite something!!!).

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Mine was from Toys R Us and it's great - also has 3 settings and converts into a bed.  it was reduced to £99 too which was a bargain!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hi, we have a cot bed one from Toys R Us which cost £99.00 which also has 3 settings, just not sure when were going to turn it into a bed as he still moves all over the place.

Shazznewman

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Hi
Our cotbed is a Winnie the Pooh one from mothercare and also has 3 height settings which we have on the bottom one now.

I think it will be a long time before we turn it into a bed as Grace is such a fidget at night, she does laps of it and is always in a different position when I go in  ;D

They are a great idea though, bigger than a normal cot so you can keep them in it longer if you need to.

Good luck searching.
Ruth
xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Ours was also a Toys R Us £99 one then we got a sprung mattress from Kiddicare.

As to them spinning around, ds was exactly the same and you never knew which way you'd find him, but a duvet and pillow helped - it did take 3/4 months, but now he stays the 'right' way. Still haven't taken the sides off though as he hasn't attempted to get out. ;D ;D ;D

Chux xx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
We made the transformation from cot to bed last night and I still recommend a cot bed!

Ruth we had similar concerns with Alex yet last night he stayed the right way round  ^reiki^

Bev xx

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Bev - bless him, glad it went ok.  I am going to leave it longer with Grace as she is seriously unbelievable at night.  My friend babysat during the week and she couldnt believe how much she moved, she kept running up to check on her.

Chux - I think the pillow and duvet is a good idea as a first step as Grace sleeps in a gro bag it worries me her trying to get out of bed in one.

xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts