Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
baby spooks is 22 months (and very tall) and tried to get out of her cot after afternoon nap, she also tried to pole vault out of it this morning head first whilst wearnig her gro bag.

How do you move them from a cot to bed? It's a cotbed so will be low from the ground but I'm worried she'll try to get out whilst wearing a gro bag and land flat on her face. We haven't used a pillow or blanket before so she can't have pj's and duvet/blanket and new bed all in one go  :-\  but she obviously can't stay in her cot.
Also - do we use a bed gaurd or not - because I guess she'll try to get over that too,
any suggestions would be appreciated  ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hi

First of all , i put my 2 into beds ( took sides off cot beds) but left them in their gro bags. ( they were quite skillfull at the "grobag-shuffle - foot in each corner and could almost muster up a run, bit like a sack race  ;D  )  I put a duvet/ blanket on the floor for a soft landing....

What is your lo like when asleep?  - my DD hardly moved when asleep so all i did was roll up sum blankets into "sausages" and popped them under the bottom sheet on the bed to make a kind of buffer. This was enough to stop her falling out 99% of the time ( she did fall out occassionally but after hearing a thud i would check on her and she would either be asleep on the floor totally unaware or would just be climbing back in muttering "tuck me in"

My DS however is like a ping pong ball in bed, i never know which way up he will be, so i put him in the bed thats pushed up to the wall and bought a proper bed guard fot the other side.

I wouldnt buy a bed guard unless you really think you need one.........
I didnt move to duvets until a couple of months later

For the first few months I also removed all the toys except books from the bedroom ( so not tempted to get out of bed and play with things every night), put a baby gate on the bedroom door to stop midmigh wanderings, and made a big deal about how big boys and girls stay in their beds all night and wait for the special light to come on in the morning ( it was the nightlight on the monitor that i could control from the parent monitor)  I told them they had to stay in bed until the "stars" lights come on.

I could hear them in the morning saying " No stars yet, not getting up time yet" Bless they were so good.

Good Luck!!

xxx

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks scooby, that sounds very helpful - I think I'll try the 'bed up against the wall, with sausage blanket and grobag method' and see how we get on

i like your

wait for the special light to come on in the morning
plan

she takes a while to come round when she wakes and likes to lie there chatting (in her cot) so I'll hopefully get to her before she gets out. she thinks all her toys go to sleep until I wake them up so hopefully she won't want to play with them until I come in ???

will also have to put a stair gate on her room

I think she'll be quite excited about the idea because she's going on all the time about baby cots and she certainly doesn't think she's one. I've just found a gro bag suit with legs available from mothercare but they only do them in 2.5 tog at the moment and that's way too warm for our house but sound ideal if they come in 1 tog.

I'm looking forward to it but it's quite a milestone.

thanks for the suggestions ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts