Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya
we've been given a cotbed for our new arrival but now we've put it together we've found the mattress (standard cotbed size 140x70) is waay too small..theres 3 inches on both sides between the mattress and the bard and 2 inches at the foot. doesnt seem particularly safe to me :eek:
I've scanned the net to see if you can get bigger mattresses but so far i cant find any. we've also looked and looked at the cot to see if we've put it together wrong and can bring the bars in closer but we're sure theres no other way.
does anybody know if you can get bigger mattresses anywhere? it looks like a rather old cot though its in excellant nick..its made by maclaren if that helps..searched on net to see if maclaren make mattresses but they dont..not sure they make cots anymore either ;D
help! DS has got to sleep in this in just over a week!

kj x

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Hi KJ

Mothercare do a 72x145cm cotbed mattress.  It's a "mothercare spring interior mattress". I can't see it on their website, but they have it in their catalogue and I remember seeing it in store last week when we bought ours.   ;D  It's in the "special sizes" list of mattresses in the book if you have one.

Hope you get on OK!!

Bx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
If you look on Ebay then there are companies that sell brand new matresses on there and they have a wide range of sizes, if you got in touch with one of them they would be able to supply one the right size

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh thanks boggy..methinks we are doing similar shopping at the moment ;)
have been scouring the mothercare website as i seem to have mislaid my catalogue ^bigbad^ unfortunautely i think we need 76 width as theres just too much space. theres one that says 2ft 6" which might work but it doesnt give a length ::)

clare EBAY!! WHY didnt i think of that, off to have a look!!

kj x

hmm 2ft 6 = a single bed i think ???

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hi
I got one made to measure and you can choose from a wide range of styles too and at the same price of mothercare etc.
http://www.babymattressesonline.co.uk/
and they make and deliver promptly
have a look there
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts