Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My LO has been ill for the past week with conjuctivitus, an ear infection, bunged up and a really bad cough. Temp most of the time but not as high as the beginning of the week.

He is practically coughing 24/7. A couple of times it has caused him to be sick and he definitely seems to have a lot of flem (sorry). So I was wondering if anyone knows of a cough medicine that actually works that a 2 1/2 year old can take?

Thanks from a mummy who is getting a bit desperate  :(

xxx

ps he doesn't have a sore throat with it and won't take honey although I don't know if that is good for a cough anyway x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Oh bless him ^hugme^

Most cough mixtures are a waste of time, but to make me feel better I give Benylin. I also give Medised at night too to help dry everything up and help them sleep. It sounds a bit like Bronchiolitis, if it continues ask for some Ventolin to try while he's like this as it may help with the coughing

Other things that help are the Boots electric vapouriser and a wet towel over the radiator  ;)

Hope he's better soon xxxx  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you slinky.

We have docs tomorrow to check him over. We were told last time he was ill to put a bowl of water in his room is that the same affect as the wet towel?

Thank you again, I just hate seeing him like this  :'(

xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
It's awful isn't it  :'( ^hugme^ . Let me know how you get on and yes the bowl of water will work too xxx

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Slinky, turns out he has tonsillitus  :(  At least we have some antibiotics now though so he should hopefully start feeling better in the next couple of days  ^reiki^

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Oh poor thing! Glad you have some antibiotics and hope he feels better soon  ^hugme^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.