Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies

I'm new to fertility friends. i was diagnosed with endo in 2000 with a lap. had my 1st op in 2002, 2nd op including bowel op due to endo in 2004. i have high fsh levels and have had two failed attempts at IVF. The 1st cycle was a disaster i only made two eggs and only one was mature enough to fertilise. 2nd time they upped my drugs and i made 11 eggs and 7 fertilised, but unfortunately still didn't result in a pregnancy . I do have a regular 28 day cycle so i presume that i do ovulate but was wondering whether anyone could give me there experience of whether Clomid would help me at all. My consultant has said i could give it a go but unsure whether its worth trying if i do ovulate. i have heard the side effects are not very nice either.  any advice would be greatfully received.

lots of love and the best of luck to all of those ttc. x  ;)

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi :)

Sorry to hear of your failed IVFs ^hugme^. Also sorry that you've got endo...I was diagnosed with severe endo & adhesions 17 yrs ago & have had 4 ops over the years so I know only too well about that !

As for Clomid, ultimately its your decision obviously...after having a couple of early mc/s this year I was prescribed Clomid to "boost" things. I ovulate naturally as well but basically more eggs, more chance. I'm currently in ^2ww^ of 3rd cycle (ovulated CD14, yesterday) - had 2 mature follies so released 2 eggs....fingers crossed it happens this month ^reiki^ I originally was given 3mths Clomid & then we were going to go for IVF in October but we've decided to try a little longer naturally, with help of Clomid until new year & if it comes to it we'll go for IVF in January (we're paying privately)...obviously hoping it won't come to that.
To be honest I've really not suffered too badly from the side effects...I've had one day each cycle (in fact only half day this month) where I've been emotional... :'( and ^tantrum^. I have felt a little bloated, especially around now as ovulated yesterday & I do get strong ovulation (& lower back) pain - but I had this anyway before I started Clomid. Not had the hot flushes etc. Some women may get quite a few side effects whilst others don't experience much at all...we're all different afterall, and each month can vary too. Most of us take the pills at night (I take before bed) so that we sleep through most of side effects.

Anyway, wish you lots of luck ^reiki^
Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Natasha

thanks for your reply. Maybe i will see my doctor about it, it may give the ovaries a boost. do you have to have scans? if so how often. what is the procedure with Clomid? you get to the point when your try anything, although after our last failure we are trying to forget about it all for a while (even though really you can never forget it) and we have a nice holiday planned. We are going to have another go at ivf next year too and we funded the last cycle ourselves so would imagine this will be our last attempt. Although the money is an issue its very emotionally draining.

good luck with ttc. take care x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hello again :)

I have scans on Clomid but I know quite a few ladies aren't monitored at all. I think its dependant on your consultant and possibly a bit of a postcode lottery regards the monitoring. We pay privately so I think that's why we get them...although consultant said that if have to continue with the Clomid after this cycle then I don't have to have any more scans unless I want them...basically cos at the last 3 everythings been good - nice thick womb lining & 2 mature follies....he said wait to come for a scan when you've got something interesting to see eg baby !! The scans are usually done between CD10 - CD15 although I had one on CD8 this month as consultant was going on hols & only day he could fit me in! I also ovulate on CD14 so prefer to see before how many follies are developing rather than wait until after to see how many have ruptured. I only had one scan each month but I think some ladies who are monitored have them more regularly until the follies are good size (they like to see follies at minimum 18mm to rupture).
I take 50mg Clomid on CD2-6 (inclusive). I did have quite a few CD21 progesterone blood tests before Clomid & then one after 1st cycle on Clomid but all were really good so he knows I ovulate naturally fine so need for me to have more BT's.

I can fully appreciate what you're going through...ttc is such an emotional roller coaster.

Wishing you loads of luck ^reiki^
Take care
Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.