Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
This question has been driving me mad so I'm going to have to ask it.

In April we had our 1st IVF. We had day 3 ET, had 2 good embryo's replaced & were told my lining was "perfect". I was on cyclogest, gestone, progynova & aspirin during 2WW.
When we tested 14 days post ET, we got BFN. As I had not bled, the clinic advised me to continue with meds & re-test in 2 days. Again, it was BFN & I was then told to stop the meds & a bleed should follow. Within 3 days my bleed started. On day 1 it was fairly light & only average pain. However, when I went to bed that evening the pain was terrible. In the morning, the pain had returned to average & I passed 2 unusual "clots". They were almost identical, each about the size of a slim thumb, purple/ red & had what I can only describe as a white "skin" down the side of them. From then on the blood loss got lighter & was all over from start to finish within 3 days. Because the blood loss had been so light I re-tested again about a week later but obviously still got BFN.

In the absence of a BFP it's hard to know if I could have actually conceived. I hoped someone may be able to advise me of their thoughts or share any experience with me? Please be honest with me, I'm a great believer in the phrase, "what's meant to be will be" & can accept that I could have had an early miscarriage (if that's the case).

Thank you, Lottie

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi LottieMaz,
I'm sorry I can't give you any answers, but I have had a very similar experience to you after my recent BFN.
I've also had a similar experience when TTC naturally.
We've got a follow-up appointment in June and I'm going to ask the consultant if this helps the pinpoint at what point the embies stopped growing, and if that helps them work out why we can't get pregnant.
^hugme^ Take care of yourself hun and maybe talk things through with your clinic.
Good Luck!
KPx

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi KP,
Thank you so much for your reply, I thought no-one knew what I was talking about! As it was our 1st IVF I didn't know if it was a "normal" period following all the drugs or what??
Good luck with your follow-up, I hope you get the answers you need & they help you to make things work!
Take care xx

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I have had a natural mc at 8 weeks, ad held the embryo whuch stopped growing at 6 weeks.. it was smaller than my little finger nail... white membrane, clots and a tiny embryo shape.

Yet I had the same membranes and clots when I bled at 5w after our successful fet.l

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
:)Hi Lottie

AF is always like that after IVF - the lining of your womb has been thickened more than normal with the drugs - this is what came away. Embryo would be too tiny for you to see.

Hope that helps, good luck with next go  ^reiki^

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! Ooh, isn't this process such alot of "not knowing"!?!
Good luck to you all,
Lottie xx

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
hi lottie  ^hugme^ I just want to echo what kizzymouse said as that's what I was told after IUI and a friend was told after IVf when we had the same.
all the best  ^hugme^

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Lottie
I had my follow-up appointment today and the consultant said it was probably to do with the progesterone causing the sac-like clot.  It  didn't give him any clues why our cycle failed and we are still 'unexplained'.  Sorry not to be more help!
Kpx

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi KP,
Sorry to hear you're still "unexplained", it's so frustrating isn't it!?!
Just wanted to say thanks for remembering me after your consultation.
Good luck for your next try  ^reiki^
x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts