Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I know this might sound strange, but I was wondering if any of you think I might have endometriosis, Me and my husband have had a number of DI treatments (as my husband has azospermia) all resulting in a negative, I've read that endo can cause problems with conceiving, could this be the reason why or is it just bad luck? I do have irregular periods and I do suffer with quite a few headaches, I only get period pains badly on the day I come on and after I've taken a couple of paracetomol I'm fine, my period lasts for 2 days. I also have IBS, I have had numerous tests inc one to check my fallopian tubes which are both fine. Apparently my hormone levels are all fine, I do ovulate on my own without the use of drugs, which is good. I was wondering what tests are done to check for endo as maybe I could mention it next time I go to the hospital? I feel like I'm looking for a reason as to why I'm still not pregnant and maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but I just thought I'd ask. I'd appreciate any comments or advice anyone could give me.

Thanks
Amanda
xx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Amanda

I think endometriosis can only be diagnosed by having a laparoscopy.

It took me 5 years to get a diagnosis.  Endo does not necessarily cause acute pain, painful sex or any other "classic" symptoms you may have heard of.  It can be quite silent.

If you are not already seeing a gynae I would ask for a referral.

I think that the affect endo has on your fertility may depend on the location of it. 

I was diagnosed with quite severe endo but I was lucky enought to get pg through icsi.

You also mention irregular periods, this could be a sign of PCOS.  Has this been ruled out?

Wishing you loads of luck, hope that things work out for you soon

love Vicky x

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Vicky

Thanks for your reply, I've queried PCOS already, and they've said that I havent got it, although I may have the iregular periods, my hormone levels are normal and I don't have what they call the 'necklace effect' on my ovarys when they scan me. I will ask about endo though when I speak to them on Tuesday.

Me and my husband are due to start IVF in the next couple of months and I just want to make sure that every avenue has been investigated before we start as obviously its a very expensive treatment and we are only going to have a limited amount of chances.

Take Care
Amanda
xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Amanda

Welcome to Fertility friends hunny

Wishing u well in ur journey

I have endo, and it took a while for me to be diagnosed.

Endo has many different forms and many different severitys.

If ur under a gynae, i would ask them to check u for this, unfortunately the definite way of confirming the diagnosis of endometriosis is via a Laparoscopy.

I really hope that u dont have endo, but if it was found u had, its not the end of the world babe, there is lots that can be done to help the endo ladies out there today.

As Vicky has said just because u dont have painful periods or painful intercourse or any other tell tale signs doesnt mean its not there.

Endo wouldnt show up on a scan.

I hold a endo chat session in the garden of the chat room every other thursday evening, the next one is on thursday.

Why not come and join us and hopefully chat to some of the endo girlies.

Best of luck sweetie

A good site for endo is

www.endoaware.co.uk

Best wishes and lots of Baby dust to you

IM me if u want to chat

PS i was a pcos lady initially, and now i dont have many classic symptoms i dont have the necklace either on my ovary but said to have mild pcos.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts