Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ladies just wondered if any of you could help me out.About two weeks before i get my period i get sharp pains shooting up my vagina,it only lasts about a second or two.This always tells me that af is working round me.As i get it straight after ive ovulated.Ive suffered with this for many years but its not until now im trying to conceive im getting a bit worried.When af shows up the only time i get it is when theres a small clot(sorry tmi)then it goes.Once af has finished then the pain has gone.I suffer from pco aswell and me and dh have been ttc#1 for 11 months now,ill be taking my second round of clomid once af is here.
Im so worried about this pain affecting my chances of conceiving,is this normal pain to get.My periods arent that heavy either so im ok there.Could i have endometriosis???

Hope you can advise me on what to do as im not seeing consultant until december and thats for an hycosy test.Ive also posted this on ask a nurse forum aswell hoping for some answers.

xx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Kim,

I'm sorry but I cant really help you.  I have had this sharp sudden pain too which can take me by surprise, but I dont really know if it's due to endo.

Please try not to worry.  If you do have endo you may well only have a touch of it  ;) and although it may cause you some discomfort it may not interfere with your treatment.

Dec is a long time to wait for reassurance so why dont you call your cons (you could say you are really in pain  ^evil^) to bring your appointment forward.  I know that's naughty, but I just wish I'd have pushed more when I was younger.

Take care and please try not to worry.

Love and luck.

Becca
x

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Kim

I am sorry that you are getting these pains - I know exactly the pain you are talking about! As Becca says, i would try not to worry about it. It could be your body adjusting to all of the meds and just sorting itself out. I know a few girls who have clots and they are endo free.

Endo can only be diagnosed by having a laparoscooy or MRI as far as I know - I could be wrong. So if this pain does persist, I agree with trying to get your appointment moved forward. Give it a try so that you can put your mind at ease - you need to do everything you can to make this happen for you and it;s not like you are hurting anyone, just changing a date  ^evil^

Hope you get it sorted! Take care,

Piexe x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Kim

Piexe is correct in that endo can only be diagnosed via laparoscopy (even an MRI scan may not pick it up unless there are bigger patches and/or cysts).

I don't get the pain you mention but it may be worth mentioning it to your gynae.
Do you get any other symptoms that are usually associated with endo eg painful periods and sometimes ovulation, pain/cramps at other times during month, painful sex, bleeding after sex, heavy periods possibly with lots of clots, old dark blood (can be almost black) usually found at beginning & end of period, spotting/breakthrough bleeding during the month (not just when have AF), upset stomach and/or constipation around ovulation and/or period, nausea, fatigue etc....if you get any of these symptoms then I would try & keep a record of everything & where they appear in your cycle. All this info will help your gynae & he may feel you require a laparoscopy.

Not everyone with endo has symptoms though and the amount of endo does not equate to the amount of pain...some women have hardly any endo & intense pain, others have severe endo & little or no pain...and some unfortunately have severe endo & severe pain :( (I was in this category until 18mths ago since when I've been endo & pain free for the 1st time in almost 18yrs of diagnosed endo so feeling pretty positive about it at moment !!!)

Here's hoping that you don't have endo & that it is just your body adjusting to everything...and sometimes our body will have aches and twinges etc anyway.
If it gets worse though, or you're really worried, then I'd suggest phoning/emailing your consultant gynae & see if he can bring forward your appt for HyCoSy or even change that to a laparoscopy & dye where they will be able to check for endo as well as flush dye through your tubes to check for blockages.

Anyway, wishing you loads of luck
Take care
Natasha :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.