Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi wondered if any of you can help!

I have felt my baby move around 3-4 times a day for around the last 10 days, but yesterday I felt him move around for most of the day always been flutterings so far.  In the afternoon I spent the time catching up on housework due to me being lazy and resting for the beginning of the week then last night watching tv I was just dozing off when my baby gave me a right big kick which made me move my hands away from my bump and wake me with a start, all my movements are very low down under my bump, at my 20 week scan I was told baby was low down.

At 1am this monrning baby woke me with movements again then I started with pain whick took my breath away it was very low down below my bump and lasted for about 30 seconds this happened 3 times in around 5 or so minutes then they disappeared, my baby was moving throughout this time and for some time after as it took me awhile to fall back to sleep, should I be worried and call my midwife or do you think these are Braxton Hicks? 

Oh BTW I did have  a similiar pain a week ago just after emptying my bladder before going to bed and the pain lasted for half an hour but that time I was quite doubled up and DH had to help me undress and get into bed, I did put this down to eating a very heavy meal and not drinking enough water.

This morning I am fine have no pains and my baby has been moving around again.

Love Happyme.  :) 23w+2

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hi happyme.
My experience of BH is very 'textbook' ie tightening of the entire bump and back, with bump feeling rock hard to the touch. Sometimes a bit uncomfortable but by no means anything that I would call breath catchingly painful. BUT everyone is different. I have had lower bump twinges, aches and niggles which midwifes at various points throughout the pg have put down to stretching, baby pressing on something, constipation and anything else that popped into their minds. If you've had pain when weeing it could be a uti, especially as with baby low down your bladder could be getting more than it's fair share of pressure and irritation. For this reason alone I'd get it checked out as a UTI can trigger early labour. It's worth giving your midwife a call I think. If nothing else she'll be able to reassure you or guide you best.
Best of luck with everything!!!
X

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi hun,

tbh it doesnt sound like BH's. Liker biker girl said they are more like belly tightenings, where you n=belly will go hard, usually across the top.

Have you been tested for a UTI as they can cause a lots of pain. Also i suffered alot with bubs hitting a nerve, very painful and sometimes i was in agony. I woud be sat relaxing then i would suddenly cry out in pain.

Nikki xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.