Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't yet spoken to my doctor about the results of my immune investigations but as I was in the clinic today anyway, I asked for a copy to have a look at before I spoke to anyone.

Most of the results look relatively fine - no anti nuclear antibodies, no DNA antibodies, high antithyroid antibodies (which I already knew hence the Hashimoto's diagnosis) and I think my NK assay is more or less fine (well the results fall within all the parameters anyway) BUT and this is the big but, my CD19+ and CD5+ cells have come back at 36.3 (the reference is 5-10) and have been flagged under 'H'.

Does anyone know what this means please? I think it's to do with progesterone. If it is, it's no wonder the last treatment didn't work. I was on 3 x 400mg cyclogest pessaries every day and even that didn't do anything (I started bleeding very, very heavily on 7dp 3det). My progesterone level was tested only 2 days after I'd stopped taking the pessaries and it was only 20 (I understand it should have been well above 60).

Does anyone know if gestone injections would make a difference for the next round?

The good news is that after taking 25mcg of thyroxine each day, my TSH is now 2.76 (which I know could still do with coming down a bit) and my free T4 is 16.1 (it was 10.2). My free T3 is 5.1 which I think is fine but I've never had it tested before.

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
you probably want to read the NK assay section of my FAQ... but yes, your CD19+5+ is very high.  CD19+5+ cells make 'generalised' antibodies which can sometimes attack progesterone so it may be that you need higher doses of progesterone and possibly a mixture of shots and pessaries (e.g., 100mg gestone 4 pessaries a day and blood tests every 2 days to check that its enough) to get your progesterone levels up, but you also might need to try and get the CD19+5+ levels down as well - because you don't know what other anti-hormonal activity your CD19+5+s might be up to.  IVIG and steroids are often used to try to reduce CD19+5+ - and you would need to start those well before you start progesterone - often cycle day 5-7.... you want to try and get your ATAs down as well using steroids - have a read of the thryoid section of the FAQ and maybe chat to the ladies on the underactive thyroid thread.

best wishes

A x

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much.  I'll flag all this with the immunologist when I get a call back.  It really is brilliant to know what to go through with her and I really appreciate your efforts in coming back to me.

xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts