Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone receiving IVF through the countess of Chester hospital?

Sarah x

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi I'm at the Countess , short protocol so IVF. Last of my meds tonight then EC Monday , had a dry run with DH over to the Women's for when he goes off with the incubator. We are under Mr Haddad and can honestly say although its my first treatment and  ^pray^ it's my last have had a really good experience everyone I have seen have been great friendly and informative. How are you finding it? Anyway wish you every success x

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back to me Kiki,
I'm glad you are slightly ahead of me so you can tell me how it goes. We are under mr woods, he has been brilliant so far, so has everyone. Mr Haddad did my Hysteroscopy on Friday, he was lovely.
All the best for tomorrow. Sending you lots of wishes for lots of healthy eggs  ^pray^

Hopefully speak soon  :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello,
I'm at Chester with Mr Woods..think he's. great n as been very supportive during our treatment. I've had 1 ivf cycle which did result in a positive but i did m/c ....but takin the positive that I did get pregnant which I've never had before n they achieved that. I recently was due to have an fet but it was canx due to embryos not surviving the thaw but I do have poor egg quality. Maybe this isn't the positive news u could hope to hear but I wanted to let u no the staff have been vvvv support n I do feel at home there :)
Wishing u both the best of luck n sticky vibes :) xx

·
Registered
25 Posts
EC today , all went well in at 7.30 obs done Mr Wood did the EC 15 in total so just have to wait on a telephone call tomorrow to see how many if any have fertilised and date for ET.

It was a quite relaxing considering , after coming round from sedation three cups of tea , couple of rounds of toast waited for DH and all done by midday. Again everyone was lovely and most importantly informative.

It seems slow at first then whoosh everything happens , wishing you both all the luck in the world  ^pray^

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Hoping, sorry to hear that you mc, it must have been a hard time for you but you sound like you've remained positive  :) It's nice to know that you've been supported through your treatment. I also have poor egg quality and only have an amh score of 6! But I'm remaining positive. Thank you for your reply and wishing lots of luck. Keep in touch x

Hi Kiki, 15 eggs is fantastic  :)  let's  ^pray^ that you have lots of healthy eggs. I'm so pleased to hear that it was very relaxing, I'm scared stiff of the EC part, I've seemed to of heard so bad things! Did you feel anything or were you sedated to the point of not knowing anything that was going on?

Let me know how you get on tomorrow  ^pray^  ^hugme^

Xx

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Kiki,

Hope you receive some good news today  ^pray^

Speak soon xx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi  Sarahh80  , yes it was good news thank you 9 out of 15 so going over to Liverpool on Saturday for ET ;D so if they all keep as they should will be PUPO!!! The one thing that I could do without is the pessary's not nice but hey ho got to do what you got to do. :eek:

Just read ur previous post properly, sorry - EC itself was not painful in the least you are sedated tbh it's like being under a general anaesthetic without the grogginess when you wake.  Don't get me wrong afterwards is painful but I spent rest of day under duvet with DH at my beck and call  :) few paracetamol on that day and next day went shopping!

Hope you are well , when do you start stimms The 20th ? TC Kiki  :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
9/15 is fantastic, you must be so pleased  :) :) bring on Saturday!

I love the sound of my DH waiting on me hand and foot! I'm glad to hear the pain doesn't last for to long.

My appointment on the 20th is to go through everything with the nurse and collect my med's, they have arranged it for this date as this will be 12 days after my last period, and from what I can remember ( was so much to take in at our first appointment) I start on tablets for just over a week in order for them to control when I come on my period, and then I start the injections! But not long how long for. Hopefully everything will be more clear on the 20th

I hope Saturday comes round quickly for you xx  ^hugme^

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Sarah

Once you have meeting with the nurse it all becomes clearer they have a booklet written up for you with dates etc , which you have to take with you on every scan.  I am saying this as I forgot  ^idiot^!!

Good luck for 20th, will let you know how ET went but I think that's the easy part the 2ww will send me insane I know plus we are moving house 24th Sept so I look at it that there is something else to keep me occupied (like trying to ditch the lamp DH thinks is lovely but in reality is hideous  ;) )

Kiki x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Kiki,
I've not been in the post for a while n saw you status update. So sry to c your result, wishing u lots of luck for next time if/ when you go for another go.

X

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you , it was upsetting but we had a cry and decided need to be positive have a follow up appointment in next couple of weeks then hopefully go again depending what they say obviously! I hope your cycle is going well and wish you all the luck in the world x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes it is upsetting u n DH have suffered a loss n it will take alittle time before u both feel better, we were the same both times got upset but thinking what's the next step to move forward.
I think Mr Woods likes move onwards & upwards, he said he was itching to treat me again. So on that bases I think he will possibly already have plans for u x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts