Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

Can anyone help? I woke up this morning with bad cramps. I'm 5w+1 so its obviously still very early days but I've never had anything like this before. I've not had any bleeding but if something was going wrong would the progesterone stop the bleed happening?

Has anyone had anthing like this?

Any advice or thoughts would be very welcome

Hope
x

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi
  I did'nt want to read and run at the start of my pregnancy I felt as if AF was on the way every day as I had cramps most days but was reassurred that this is all normal as it is your uterous stretcing to house little one so try not to panic.  Although if the pain does get unbearable give your clinic a ring or pop to a+e just to rule out eptopic

Tracy x

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi there,
i had severe cramps up until about 13 weeks and i was certain my bean was going but 9 months later i gave birth to a very healthy 9 lb baby x
try not to worry in the early stages they are getting comfortable and bedding down so its normal im sure to have cramping like AF pains, as long as theres no blood try not to worry. xxxxx ;)

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Hi,

Congrats on your BFP x

I had very specific and quite sharp pains on one side early on and discovered at 7 week scan that was where my LO had decided to snuggle down so it was all just stretching and making room for her.

Wishing you lots of luck

Katie x

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you girls I know I'll have to wait until the scan but its an easier wait with some hope  :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi there I'm 5weeks 2 days since egg collection and I have been having niggles today, its so hard not to worry but reading the above is sooo comforting! When is your scan? I'm on Wednesday and it cant come soon enough!!! Good luck  ^reiki^ ^hugme^

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there,
Congratulations on yout BFP! Im 4 wks 6 days today.  My test was on the 29th Dec and the night before I started spotting and had some cramps.  I was devastated and beside myself. I read a few of these previous threads which helped immensley - they explained about the stretching of the uterus and one mentioned that the ovaries have been through a fair bit too so may be settling down. I even called the hospital and asked them, they said that it could be a host of reasons but really to try and not worry as it is very common and doesnt mean the worst.  Both the spotting and cramping have now subsided so hanging on in there for my scan - seems like an age away.  I wish you all the luck and best wishes for a healthy scan x

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nickoker & Revols

I hope each of your scans have gone well & if you've any coping strategies to share?

I've my scan on 9/2 (5 weeks post EC) & am so hoping to see a heartbeat - I didn't get to see one 1st time.

I too have had cramping, am tired & hungry all of the time.

Hope this is all good!

x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.