Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 954 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lovely new thread for those cycling at CRGH to chat on.

Please remember that the primary purpose of this thread is to support those undertaking treatment, so please keep BFP and pregnancy chatter to a minimum.

Once the thread gets to over 100 pages, I'll lock and start you a new one. This makes loading on mobile devices and phones simpler.

Happy chatting and lots of  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

KA xxx
FF Moderator

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for all the support its the first month of the get cycle which is the down reg part of the cycle so I actually didn't need a sca although I was booked in for one,anyway we just went through the meds with the nurse

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi jigsaw so we are close on timings then as I started norethisterone on Friday. So down regging now and transfer next period. 😀 xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good luck to you starting your FET.  I found it confusing as to when day 1 was counted, they waited for lining to be a certain thickness and then counted from there.
We have to wait for a consultant appt before we can try again which could be a few months. At least I can re-focus on work and doing some exercise again! Out of interest, has anyone ever had a bad rash at injection sites after stopping the gestone injections? Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi All
Am new to FF. After two failed cycles at Kingston ACU DP and I are going for our third attempt with CRGH. Had our initial appt with Dr Seshadri a month ago and had bloods done last week. DP has SA tomorrow and I have 3D sis tomorrow too. Dr Seshadri has advised a freeze all cycle. Is anyone doing, or has done, the same? Hope I have used all the correct abbreviations  ;D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi jigsaw
Nice to meet you. How have you found it? Who is your consultant? When's your ET?
Will say a prayer for you. Funny how I have suddenly started praying again after all these years!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Evening ladies
So I had my 3D Sis today and while the Dr doing the scanning thought things looked ok my consultant Dr Seshadri wasn't happy and has recommended a hysteroscopy. I'm a bit taken aback as I guess I have been scanned so much before now (Tamoxifen cycles and two failed previous IVF attempts) that I would have thought anything sinister would have been picked up before now ???
We also went through my bloods really quickly and my thrombophilia came back saying I have the MTHFR mutation. That seems to be easy enough to resolve by taking 5 milligrams of folic acid and then prior to ET I will have clexane injections and take asprin.
On the upside my ORT results were really good so I guess there is something to be pleased about.
Has anyone ever claimed the cost of a hysteroscopy through their health insurance?
Many Thanks
K

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Hi Kayobee - my health insurance (BUPA) covered my hysteroscopy. The doc doing my hysto knew it was for fertility but I pointed out that he must not make any reference to that on the insurance claim, which he agreed to. I think I also had to get a referral letter from my GP for BUPA - again, I had an understanding GP who was happy not to mention fertility - however I did have an underlying issue (amenorrhea) that was a condition BUPA covered for investigations.

If you have some sort of condition or issue that a hysto would be considered to be an investigation, then in theory you should be able to get it covered.

Best of luck

·
Registered
147 Posts
Kayobee: don't be too disheartened by the hysteroscopy; it didn't delay my treatment at all, and they get the womb in the best possible form for it to sustain a healthy pregnancy. Besides, you get to have some of that lovely anaesthetic when they do it!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks KDB - currently waiting on my insurer calling me back to confirm where I can have the treatment, I cant have it at CRGH apparently.
Thanks too Rakulasia will look forward to the anaesthetic  ;D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi. Hope this is the right place to post, I'm new here  :)
I had my initial consultation at CRGH with Dr OO and now need to do ORT and 3DSis and dummy embryo transfer before we start.
My question is: he said to do ORT on Day 1-3 but Day 1 was yesterday and their office is closed. Do I wait til tomorrow  (Monday Day 3) and hope they can fit me in or call the emergency number??
Sorry if this is an obvious question but I'm new to all this...
(Also I'm going private not UCH don't know if that makes a difference to what thread to post in?)
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi ketchup yes call them tomorrow first thing they should be able to fit you in. I asked this when I was having my ORT and was advised that if my period started over weekend not to worry as they will fit you in on the Monday.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi in theory yes you are  in and out of scan room in 10 mins and same for blood test. But you can wait a while in the waiting room in between. Nurse does the blood and Dr or sonographer does scan. Also unless I had an early appiontment I'm talking 8 am I always had to wait never seen on time. So if you can get an appiontment for lunch time you may be spending the whole hr there.

But I did have some quick appiontments when I was seen on time so out within 20 minutes so fingers crossed

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi ladies,

kayobee - I had to have a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp on my last cycle - I could have claimed on my health insurance but CRGH could do it 4 days after they did my 3D SIS and if I had gone elsewhere I was sure it would delay my cycle.......

Welcome tomatoketchup :) I would factor in a bit extra than you think appointment time-wise as I always seem to be seen late, especially with the waiting to see a nurse afterwards if you have to do that.

I had my endometrium biopsy (scratch) on Friday and it was actually more painful than I thought. Also had to wait 45 mins with a full bladder as they were running late due to someone else's procedure taking longer than they thought it would! Anyway all done now and just waiting for AF to turn up once I stop taking the norethisterone next week and I can book my baseline scan.

Kibsy xx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Solar and Kibsy.
I will call them first thing and see what time they can see me.
Was just asking about the timing as not sure what to tell boss as not booked off time in advance but work round the corner so hoping I can do it around my lunch break..
(Is a blood test part of ORT? Or will they charge me extra for that?)

1 - 20 of 954 Posts