Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
861 - 880 of 955 Posts
Hi I'm new here. Apologies in advance as I'm not familiar with all the abbreviations/terminologies as yet.
I'm 41 and my partner is 39.

We're just about to start the FET/ICSI route to hopefully parenthood at CRGH. ^pray^
Started the Norethisterone yesterday.

My partner has OAT sperm and I have 6 follicles in total.  All my tests came back fine. have a few fibroids but luckily they're not in the way in terms of accessing the ovaries. They're doing some extra tests on my partner and will likely be doing ICSI.

I just wanted get a heads up in terms of total costs.
At the moment total costs for us are tallying up to almost £20k!!! This includes all the consultations, blood tests, ORT, drugs, ICSI FET. :eek:
Does this sound about right? Even with the extra blood tests, this still seems like a lot.
We'd budgeted about £12k but this has blown us away.
I've done my research regarding where to get cheaper drugs etc but still didn't anticipate almost £20k.
Your thoughts would be welcome.

Hi ladies

I'm sorry to gate crash on here and I hope you're all doing ok on this hard journey..

I was just wondering if anyone has been to one of the CRGH's support groups?  There is one coming up soon but I'm not based in London so would have to hang about for several hours waiting for it... but I could do with chatting to some ladies going through the same thing...  I just struggle to keep up with everyone on here and then feel bad when I miss people off....

Is there anyone that comes from out of London having treatment at CRGH..?  I'm about to start my second frozen there.. I have my SIS next week and then scratch after that.  My last cycle was successful but then I miscarried at 9 weeks :( so close... it was an extra chromosome :(  I'm just praying it doesn't happen again  ^pray^

Hugs to you all  ^hugme^

Hello to any CRGH past or present ladies who might be out there!

We've had a mini consultation today at the clinic today and were really impressed with the Consultant.  It is also the clinic recommended for me by my acupuncturist.

I am trying to budget things out (inc drugs) - this is a bit of an impossible question as there are so many variables, but would a budget of £12k for a fresh IVF cycle (with all new testing) be anywhere close?  Just very worried it could be a bottomless pit up to £20k odd?

Just any experience anyone may have to share on the finance side or their general experience with the clinic would be really appreciated.

We are choosing between CRGH and Care London (the appeal of CARE is we could hopefully do the Access Fertility package there).

Thank you  :)

Hi everyone, I'm just starting FET with CRGH. I had PGD ICSI in Sept/Oct 2013 with them, which was successful.

We met with our consultant and also was able to have my 3dSIS last week and have started my northistorone tablets today! Anyone else currently going through treatment?

Hi ladies,
Ive just started with CRGH (after 2 failed fresh and 1 failed FET with Bourn, Cambridge via NHS). This is our first paid cycle and the costs are eye-watering. I've only had one consultation and a few tests so far and have managed to rack up a bill of £1300 so far  :eek:
its very difficult to properly estimate the cost up front as there are some many options - oh well - it is what it is, and we knew going into the CRGH process that it was going to be expensive.
sending positive thoughts to you all
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Hi Fifalafel,

It is crazy how expensive it is! We were NHS funded last time so didn't know how much it would have cost us- we had PGD/ICSI so I'm guessing around 20k and that was in 2013!

We are in a similar position and have already spent over 1k on bloods, 3dSIS and consultation and a further 850ish on meds! Still got the actual cycle payment to do - it really is eyewatering!! And then we have travel costs to the clinic too!

How are you getting on? I'm just taking northistorone tablets and will be going in to clinic next week for my baseline scan x

Hi everyone - past CRGHer here with a quick question if you don't mind...

I presume Cyclogest is still part of the standard protocol. What dosage is each pessary - 200mg?

Thanks so much x
kdb

Hi Katie Kitten,

do you have to travel far? I'm based in Cambridge and have to travel into London quite a bit for work so I'm trying to work around that at the moment.
Its very early days for me at the moment. DH just got his bloods etc taken this week, so we will be arranging the next appointment soon. hopefully from that we will have a clearer plan on the cycle and when it will start

Hi Kdb

I had to use Cyclogest 400mg twice a day for my 1st IVF.

Hello,

It's my first time posting on here and I am hoping I am posting in the right place? I don't really yet know all the acronyms to put in my profile ;) but I am 41, have pretty severe endometriosis, and my partner and I have decided to go with a Donor Egg to try to get out of this fertility treatment stage more quickly - as my last (and first) IVF my 3 little eggs were not viable.

My question today is that we have decided to try CRGH and I have no idea what doctor to choose! Their website doesn't seem to clearly state how long the doctors have been practicing. When I called to book a consultation they booked me with Mr Ali Al Chami, looking at the team list he appears to be the most junior. Anyone have any experience with him? or have tips on favorite doctors there? I had some difficulty with the most Jr doctors during a couple of my procedures at my last clinic, and want to make sure we are in good hands.

Any advice on which doctors are good is very welcome!

Thanks!

Hi MagsSmith,

welcome! I have been assigned to Ms Jara Ben Nagi and had my first consultation with her a few weeks ago. I did a bit of research before the consultation and knew that she has a reasonably active research portfolio which I found encouraging. On the day I found her very personable and knowledgeable. like you I have had some bad experiences with other doctors in the past so I know how important it is to build trust in your consultant.

im afraid I cannot say anything specifically about Mr Chami. Perhaps try to investigate his research portfolio as I did (pubmed is a good resource)

Hi and welcome MagsSmith,

I don't know about Dr Al Chami I'm afraid. We are with Mr Serhal (Medical Director) and really like him. We were successful with our cycle last time under him so we went with him again!

Fifalafel- I'm in Kent so it's about 1.5hrs each way! I never go into London normally and hate the tube so always walk from the main station to the clinic.

I finished my northistorone tablets last night so will be going into clinic at some point within the week for my baseline scan and getting a better view of dates.

Hope your both ok x

Thanks katie kitten and fifalafel!

I called back, talked to a more helpful receptionist and rebooked with Dr. Ozturk (second to Mr Serhal). The first person I talked to was apparently new, he didn't have any ability to give background on the different doctors (he just said they are all good when I asked with were more senior with was really strange).

Good luck to you both! 

Hi to everyone!

Sorry I posted one message very quickly the other day tried to answer a question but did not say a properly hello!

I am now with CRGH embryo batching after 2 failed attempts, I am with Dr Ozturk and we found him a very nice person to speak and most important with his patience for checking our medical reports and answering lot of questions really encourage us to try again. With him (so far based on the impression we gained from 2 consultations, nothing about result as I am not waiting to start stim), I will feel no regret if this coming 2 attempts are not result in a baby, I can trust him enough to go ahead for DE if fail.

He picked up something about my iron supplement issue, which GP and nutritionist all asked to take a lot, which is possibly caused by something else and not lack of iron, so I stop, as well as fish oil (I think he said it can cause internal bleeding) which I am not taking anymore just for now. Both consultations lasted at least 1 hour, no rush and explained so many things we never know or been told by other fertility experts! In Lister, I felt that the senior dr can not wait to kick me out after 30 minute of herself speech...

One slightly negative comment is for the nursing team, took them nearly a week to call back about my email in regard of taking medication, and another week after I left them voicemail (could not get through). guess you have to chase and chase.

Hi melb6327

In terms of cost, we quoted just above £20k for embryo batching (2 ICSI), so the cost will be slightly more compare to fresh IVF, as I need to freeze qualified day 3 embryos, if there any. Then at the end will culture them to day 5, so that will cost more for the lab etc.

So far my medication is not as expensive as previous IVF which was £1650 (Lister did not tell me that I do not have to buy all med in one go, so I have a few med left in the fridge cost over £500). So far with CRGH my med cost is at around £500 I am sure it will go up once stim start. I did pay 2 consultation fees, some blood test over £500, and the rest of expensive blood test were done with GP, those cost us over £1000 with Lister a year ago.

Hello,
I am sorry to disturb you in the discussion. I wanted to ask ladies who are being treated in this clinic by nhs. How long you have been waiting since you were registered by your doctor for the first visit.

thanks in advance for the answers.

Hi ladies
I am also doing batching with this clinic. I do like the clinic, not sure about the protocols.

Hi Dorchestor2016

I am doing the batching and start injection today, I had been on Norethisterone tablets for 2 weeks and Evorel patches for 2 weeks till today. I think it's called the priming? Saw 4 follicles at today scan.

The protocol is mild stimulation regime with NET, will have clomid plus injection every other day 300iu Merional, then start to have antibiotics (which I am not sure why), and indometacin.all tablets and injections are the first time for me. 

That’s their standard protocol
Either 225 or 300
Antibiotics are for infection at egg collection.

861 - 880 of 955 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.