Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
901 - 920 of 954 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi,
I think communication is an issue on lots of clinics, not just CRGH. There isn’t too much chat on this thread I’ve found - I think I’m due to start treatment in a couple of weeks. Would be good to see some of u ladies if we’re cycling at the same time x

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi, please can I join. I had 2 beautiful children through CRGH last one 5 years ago and my husband and I are attempting a third after Xmas through FET. I am looking forward to getting to know you all x
Hayley 

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello

I’m thinking about cycling with CRGH for my next round of IVF but I’ve got a few questions, although this thread does seem to be very quiet at the moment...

How long did it take to get started? Do they request many tests as standard before starting eg aquascan/hysteroscopy?
How often did you have to go in for scan/blood appointments?
Also are they alot more expensive than Lister? As the price list online doesn’t look much more expensive but reading back old posts on here people seem to be spending alot more.
Has anyone cycled with Lister to be able to compare them?
My issue is low AMH, have previously cycled with LWC and create, so now we are considering next steps.

Thanks x

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi sunshine,

I had my first ICSI cycle on the nhs with uclh/CRGH so I can’t help regarding the price lists etc, hopefully someone will be along soon to.

I just wanted to let you know I had scans every other day and bloods everyday but I was at risk of OHSS so I think it’s based on the individual.

I also wanted to say we had a fabulous experience with the embryologists. They were so lovely and informative, they would answer all your questions, no matter how small. I felt they really cared about your embryos and I felt confident they were being looked after well. I’m almost 5 weeks pregnant since my embryo transfer at CRGH, fingers crossed everything progresses well.

I hope you find the answers you’re looking for xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Sunshine,
I’m hoping to get started too at CRGH v soon.
If you haven’t cycled with them before, they had a whole load of tests that you need to do - esp if they haven’t been done in the last 3 months. Both you & your partner.

I’ve done most of mine with my GP - I emailed them the form so they know exactly what I needed. So it depends on whether you go via your GP or directly with them.

They may ask you to do other tests too - so I think it really depends on your situation.

You have an initial appt with the consultant, then do all tests, then see them again for your protocol, then see the nurse for consent forms etc and then you can start treatment. So it can take some time but getting into the Drs is fairly reasonable I think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sunshine122 - I cycled with CRGH.  Hated them - my consultant was rude, making me cry that I should 'man up' after 6 years of treatment including OHSS, failed cycles and a miscarriage.  They also needed constant chasing, the waiting room was awful, delays were long etc etc.  and I quit them altogether ready to give up on fertility treatment.  I moved to Lister on the recommendation of a colleague who used to work there. Life changing - professional, on the ball (mostly), pleasant and nice surroundings.  After 7 years of hell I finally found success there.  My consultant there was James Nicopoullos who was fab.  A total pain to get to though - I live over 2 hours away - but worth it in my opinion (although I'm aware I have bias due to the outcome).  Lots of luck going forward x

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks all for your replies

Montymoomoo, congrats on your pregnancy.

Katfink, sorry you had such a bad experience, we had an appointment with Dr Nicopoullis at Lister a couple of week ago and really liked him so good to hear that it worked out for you there. x

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Sunshine122

I had one cycle with Lister (biggest mistake) and 3 times at CRGH due to my low AMH, I was doing embryo batching, I am due to thaw 5 embryos in September and see any can reach blastocyst.

My personal experience is that with Lister, a lot of patients waiting, the lady who did my scan was not as professional, consultant (deputy) do not think for our specific case and all she can offer is go to have donor egg, they have nice patient room for the EC day, however messy busy operation schedule and I suspected I was sent for EC late and already ovulated, however they said because follicles are empty!

while with CRGH, best doctor (Dr O), who is very thorough and even picked up my blood disorder issue which could not be found out/ confirmed by 3 GP! He offer the embryo batching option, and I took less stim medication compare to Lister, although few more things added such as HGH. And I only have injection alternative day.

For price wise, I found it is not obvious difference between Lister & CRGH. I did my initial blood test (to start cycle) at GP. while Lister did not give me the option and took blood test straightaway after my initial consultation, which cause both of us over 1000.

Me and BF agreed that if we do not achieve what we want, we do not feel that we will blame on the CRGH doctor, as we have been explained and advised in detail, and we took the chance even if it is low. But I wont recommend Lister particularly to see Dr MW who did not have any idea to deal with ladies with low AMH, for their operational capability I also doubt.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just to add more about CRGH

I had everyday blood test and scan for my 1st cycle, once they learnt about my body, then I move to alternative day for first few days then everyday towards the end.

CRGH also have PC based record which it is clear for Dr and Nurses to work on, to see a clear chart of how your follicles and hormone level grow and very directly to tell if it is time for trigger, and easy for everyone to back-check your status and medication for previous cycles. Lister, a thick paper file, messy handwritting, I doubt they actually can read all themselves.

I understand I have been speaking low for Lister, but my bf's colleague who had egg sharing did get pregnancy there and just gave birth to a baby recently. But! she is young and no low AMH issue, so even just have 1 embryo after the sharing, she success.

·
Registered
295 Posts
SheilaStaffie, thanks for your comments, I didn’t realise they did daily scans/bloods. Have you found the HGH helped? I’m interested in trying this too. x

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Sunshine12

The 1st cycle I had daily blood and scan, but 2nd and 3rd, only go daily after day 5 ish, so they want to make sure you are monitored everyday. I remember in Lister I was only monitor every other day for the whole process. So CRGH is not as mad as ARGC I guess.

I used HGH for 2nd and 3rd rounds, however 2nd cycle it was bad cycle for me, with more stim medication and HGH I only get 2 eggs (1 empty and 1 did not fertilize normally), I think your body have its own say, doctor's judgement and medication just to support what you will get for that month. I guess HGH is not suppose to increase number but help with quality? But I have been taking supplements for over half year.

With CRGH, lower stim medication I had the best outcome  for follicle counts (1st was 300 unit, 9 follicles, 5 eggs, however 2 damage in ICSI so 2 embies, 3rd was 375 unit, 8 follicles, 4 eggs, 3 embies). My embies are  acceptable "good".

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sunshine 122

You can book your appointment in advance which was great help for me, so I usually picked lunch hour, so not much affect to work, the latest appointment is 1PM as they need to send the blood to lab.

For all my appointments, I only recalled 2 serious delays, 1 with doctor delayed for 1 hour (I understand previous patients wanted to talk as much they can), and 1 with nurse delayed nearly 1 hour too (due to a patient broken down, nurse had to comfort her).Otherwise, all pretty much on time, even the day they had power cut accident, I was seen ontime for scan. Blood taken was efficient as nurse is waiting in the scan room, you do not need to get out of scan and queue for blood.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bettyville said:
Hi ladies,
How are you all? Is anyone currently cycling at CRGH? I'm there currently.

How's everyone getting on?
Betty x
Hi Betty,

I am - started stims on Monday 27th and we are working towards egg collection on Friday 7th September. They have just upped my dosage of Fostimon from 75 to 150 as I had my first tracking scan yesterday and they found 20 small follicles.

How are you finding it so far? I started my cetrotide injections this morning... nothing too dramatic as yet with side effects!

xx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just saying Hi as I'd like to join this chat. I'm about to start my first IVF cycle and have chosen CRGH. I'm currently on day 5 of norethisteone and will start stims in the next couple of weeks. We're batching so not looking at embryo transfer until the end of the year at best.
Looking forward to getting to know you all and wishing you all lots of luck and love with your cycles xxx

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi I am also batching at CRGH

·
Registered
244 Posts
O_wendee & Dorchestor2016, good luck with the batching!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Dorchester2016

Where are you in your cycle? I’m just waiting for bleed to start, then book baseline scan and get the ball rolling from there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

901 - 920 of 954 Posts