Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
921 - 940 of 954 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
@SheilaStaffie - how is the 2WW going? Is your OTD tomorrow? We had our ET on 14/9 so OTD is Friday 28th and the waiting is killing me... not had any symptoms or anything really other than some bloating over the weekend and now I have the startings of a cold!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi healthyhappyjourneyfi

Thank you for checking, I had HCG result today at 2138 so consultant is happy no need to check k again for doubling! So it's BFP!!!!! First ever!!!! I did test from 5dp5dt and got a line, and was too faint to spot it out, and I have been testing everyday.

You have good patience and didn't test before it :) fingers crossed for you too! Was it a fresh transfer? Mine was Frozen hatching day 5 transfer.

·
Registered
244 Posts
By the way no symptoms other than sleepy by 8:30pm, but I think it's because or the progesterone side effect...

·
Registered
244 Posts
@ healthyhappyjourneyfi

How's everything?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi everyone,

Apologies for jumping into the thread.

Just wondered whether anyone had any experience of being at CRGH with immune problems, inc. autoimmune disease? And how they decided how invasive to be upfront, as I know they offer IUI, etc. as well as IVF? Is it a function of age or your previous treatment protocols?

As per my signature, we have some evidence that my infertility is wholly immunological, and I can conceive naturally once that's treated, but we're a bit worried about TTC naturally with immunes for too long because of my age (39 in Jan).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi ladies, I'm sorry to jump into your cycling chat but I posted on the main London page and no one has replied!  DH and I are looking to start IVF after having our second miscarriage in a row this year, we are hoping to do PGS testing with the idea of lessening the chance of a third miscarriage.  I wonder if I may ask you which consultant you see and if anyone could you recommend someone at CRGH that would be good for us (I'm sure they're all fab!) - I am nearly 39, DH 42, we'd like someone that is experienced with PGS testing and also - has anyone had a consultant who has allowed back to back egg retrieval cycles?  We're not expecting to get many embryos if at all from a single cycle given our ages so will likely need to do multiple and would rather do them as quickly as possible.    Any tips gratefully received, thanks so much xx

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi  munchymoo

I was seeing Dr Ozturk and we like him a lot, although we might not sharing the same experience of PGS testing, due to my low reserve so we only have 2 blast after 3 round of batching.

He suggested to do 1 cycle break, and did not recommend back to back.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I’m with mr serhal - he’s fabulous and despite 10 failures he hasn’t  given up on me yet and prepared to try most approaches or tell you straight that he doesn’t think it necessary. We did back to back with him for PGS. He is regularly late for appointments but he knows his stuff and i have only ever found himto be honest and direct with me and that I have appreciated. Dr Saab is also wonderful as he has done many of my procedures and takes the time to explain things.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Ladies. First time poster, long time lurker here:)

Hoping for some advice from you lovely ladies.

I'm to have PGD with IVF at CRGH due to myself and hubby having a genetic issue with 25% chance of passing to kids.  After my 3DSIS was told to have a hysyerscopy.  However, just got emailed that my genetic workup for PGD is ready.  My question, do i start my cyle and have egg retrieval, and then do the hysyerscopy and then FET? Or do i just get the hysyerscopy over and done with first?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello ladies, DH and I are about to have our first consultation at CRGH in the first week of Jan after being impressed with them at an open evening. First round of anything; I had a uterine septum removed in July 18. Been TTC for over 5 years - lucky enough to be able to have sacked off the NHS after they messed up so many of our early test results and investigations. Fingers crossed. Just wanted to say Hi on the clinic board, can’t wait for Christmas to be over so that we can just get this all started. Feeling quite emotionally vulnerable, which isn’t an ideal place to start from, I know! Nice to ‘meet’ you all. Xx

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi ladies, is anybody cycling right now? I had my endo scratch today and am having an FET next month. CRGH helped us have our son 6 and a half years ago so am forever grateful to them. This FET is our last 2 embryos. Feels like even in the last few years CRGH seem to offer more treatments than before. Good luck everyone. x

·
Registered
315 Posts
I’m due to start a PGS freeze-all cycle in January.

Also my first IVF cycle.

I have secondary unexplained infertility. I was lucky enough to conceive my DS after trying for three years with no positive pregnancy tests, a month before I was due to begin a first IVF cycle. I’ve now been trying nearly 18 months for #2.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Hi everyone
I’m also an old patient of cRGh
Had my daughter 3.5 years ago and started to down regulate this month for FET in Feb.
I’m also seeing dr gorgy for immunes
Hope all are well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone, I am thinking of using CRGH for IUI. Do you have any idea what the waiting period is to start IUI treatment? I have emailed them to ask but not received a response. I will call them but thought I might as well ask on this forum as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm 42 and about to start my cycle at CRGH, first IVF ever. I look forward to connecting with other ladies who are cycling at the same time.
At this stage, I'm wondering what to expect. CRGH is very focused on blastocyst transfers vs cleavage transfers and I'm afraid we may not get enough embryos to reach that stage.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all,

Hoping you can help me. I have an initial consultation booked in next week  with CRGH and wanted to get an idea of the baseline tests that may be required so I can get those done at my GP? Like hep A, hepatitis etc I have already had 3 cycles at other clinics so have already had tests done but wondered if they would still be acceptable since it’s been over a year.

Thanks

P

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello

I see this thread is quiet but am nevertheless hoping for a response.  ^pray^ CRGH have said they’ll only answer my queries if I book a consultation, but I need to know a couple of things first before deciding if the clinic is a viable option for us! Apparently they don’t do their free mini-consultation over Skype.  We live abroad, so everything is a little trickier to organise.  Hoping you ladies might be able to answer my queries.

If batching eggs for PGS, roughly how long would I need to be in London for for each batch? When do they start scanning/stimulation? I’m assuming I could come home a day or so after egg collection and have the next batching cycle a couple of months later. 

Do CRGH give an option to transfer mosaic embryos, if that’s the best option available following PGS testing?

What protocols and medication do CRGH favour?

Thanks so much for reading and for any responses! Xxx

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
HI ladies,

Do you know if CRGH has started to prescribe Neupogen as injections? not just wash?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi fellow CRGHers, for those of you who have blastocysts, have any of you had ones that are less expanded (2bb)? From what I have read the less expanded blastocysts have a lower success rate than say a 4bb, however CRGH say this is not true and expansion is irrelevant. I have also spoken to another clinic who will only freeze once it is at the fully expanded (4) stage, so I’m wondering why CRGH say that and why do they not let them expand more before freezing.

921 - 940 of 954 Posts