Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
941 - 954 of 954 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi I had 2 x day 6 blastocyst
3b-b+ resulted in my beautiful baby boy who is now 3!
3b+b+ chemical pregnancy

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks so much for your reply. That’s wonderful! Hopefully my 2’s aren’t far behind a 3. I was very worried when the other clinic I spoke to said that if they were transferring anything less than a 4, they would grow them an extra day as it might miss the window of implantation.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have to say crgh in my opinion know what they are doing and their success rate when I was there nearly 4 years ago was amazing.

I wish everyone on this truly difficult journey the best. When I think back to it I have to admit it makes me cry. It is such a traumatic experience that you question every decision in the whole process. But they are the professionals and you have to leave it somewhat in their hands.

Good luck x

·
Registered
8 Posts
You’re right. They do have great success rates so they must know what they are doing. I will just have to put my trust in them! Thank you xx

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Lyn I hope you don't mind me butting in here. I just searched for 2BB and came across this thread. I've had a 2BB transferred and I'm 2dp5dt and I'm googling the S#*t out of my chances with this little embryo. Im hoping the expandedness isn't an issue and its just a case of being a bit further behind in the growth process. And Bs are fine. So im hoping its all good. I can let you know how I get on. xx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Lovelypup, wishing you so much luck! I never hear of anyone else having 2BB’s as it seems other clinics let them grow another day to see if they expand, but there must be a reason why CRGH don’t do this. Did the embryology lab mention anything to you about expansion? Fingers crossed!! xx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another post from me - I just found out that I have severe silent endometriosis and my Dr at CRGH said not to have surgery as ait could lower my egg reserve even more. He just mentioned using Buserlin, and from what I understand that is only used for a few weeks. Does anyone else have any experience of endometriosis at CRGH and how they managed it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Lyn,

I'm following this too, currently cycling at CRGH. I have known endo, it's been removed twice, the first time i fell pregnant naturally with my son. Second time fell pregnant again naturally few cycles after but lost it in march this year so currently on cycle no 1 at CRGH. We are egg batching as chances are low.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hope everyone is going ok after the news from Boris.

I am new to CRGH and just wondering what sort of timelines people experienced from their initial consultant ion and starting a cycle? I currently can get the COVID vaccine but don’t know if timing wise it would work. If I have to wait a couple of months before starting then I will go ahead with the vaccine.

Thank you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This thread has been dormant for some time now, so this may be a long shot... But, I was wondering if there were any CRGH lurkers (past, present and future CRGH-ers) who'd be interested in reviving it? I'm currently preparing to do an FET at CRGH and it'd be great to have some cycle buddies who are at the same clinic. Please shout if you're interested :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi mudra85,

I am starting my IVF journey with CRGH as well.. I had my first appointment yesterday with my consultant. I am going to have my nurse consultation tomorrow.

Glad to know I have someone to share my experiences with..

I received the total cost from Accounts dept and its £21700 excluding medication and pre-screening tests.. Its too expensive for us. So we are planning to go with Access fertility packages. But extra costs is way too high..

Also I have very low ovarian reserve so my Dr suggested to go for egg batching and then embryo transfer..

Its too overwhelming and scary atm for me.

Any success stories??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi @Blessedgirl16 ,

Hope your nurse's consultation goes well tomorrow. Is this your first IVF cycle? It can be really overwhelming when you're first getting going. There are so many things to try and get your head around, but once you start things do become clearer. I did my first IVF cycle with CRGH in April this year and so please just ask if you have any questions and I'll try and help wherever I can.

It's definitely good to be able to share experiences with others in the same boat!

That is very expensive so definitely makes sense to do a funding package if that works out better for you.

We are doing our embryo transfer next week, so I don't have a success story to share yet. However, there are a number of people who were active on this thread who've had success with CRGH in the past.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks mudra85...Nurse consultation was good.

So if you dont mind me asking how did your first cycle go in April? Is there anything you will do differently this time?

All the very best for your embryo cycle.. fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi @Blessedgirl16 glad your nurse's consultation went well. Did they run through all the medication you'll be taking when you get going?

My cycle in April went fairly well. We got 18 eggs, 14 of which were mature. 9 of those fertilised and we ended up with 5 blastocysts on day 6. All 5 were biopsied, frozen and sent for genetic testing, both PGT-A and for a genetic disease I'm a carrier for. We ended up with 1 genetically normal embryo, which we're transferring next week. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get more than 1 normal embryo, but I'm also so pleased that we at least ended up with something. I've been thinking a little about what I'd do differently if I have to do another IVF if the frozen embryo transfer I'm about to have fails. In the months running up to my cycle in April I tried to be as healthy as possible in the hope that it would help with egg quality, but given we only got one genetically normal embryo, I wonder whether my efforts had any benefit at all - so one thing I'd do differently is to be a bit more relaxed with that side of things.

Thank you for your well wishes! When do you think you'll be starting your cycle?

941 - 954 of 954 Posts