Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My boys seem to be going through a phase of wanting to be picked up all the time but if I pick up one baby for a cuddle the other cries and if I pick them both up together they both cry they seem to want my undivided attention how do you all cope with this or is it just my two.  They have just turned one.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Mine are exactly the same at the moment, although my DS has always been a Mammy's boy!

If anyone has any advice, I'd like to hear it too x x

Lou x x x

·
Registered
533 Posts
SNAP me too and mine are only 4 and half months old!!!!!!! don't help where dad can pick both up together and stand with them, i can't do that have painful back from carrying them to and from the house to the car in the carseats!!! but when daddy is at work i have crying babies all the time both wanting my attention!!! nightmare and also the guilt anyone else feel that being a twin mum?? if you spend time with one do you feel bad coz your not spending time with the other???

allyson xx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
happens to me too.  i just sit on the floor with my back against the chair and let them both crawl up to me.  they then tend to stand up leaning against me and i cuddle them (one arm each!).  after 5 mins or so they seem to be ok if i get up and leave them to it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I do similar to encore but they tend to want different things for me.  A will want a quick cuddle and then she is off.  E likes to sit on my lap while I sing or talk to her.  If I sit on the floor, A can stand next to me for her cuddle and E can get what she wants too.

HJG

·
Registered
479 Posts
the biggest problem that twins face!

Typically Jack will hold back until Sam has finished his cuddle before docking but if Jack is cuddling me then Sam often tries a flanking kiss to get in on the act.  Its been a bit of a struggle - in fact i think we are only just cracking it. I used to have terrible pangs before they could come to me as cuddling one generally meant one was left inconsolable looking on, but we have been working with three main rules for the last few months:

Power cuddles - very quick, very hard and accompanied by "POWER CUDDLE!!!" very loudly, happen at the first sign of whininess or minor calamity and then put down on the ground and a pat on the bottom to send them off.

Down on the floor cuddles for injured soldiers, reading or other mummy/bubba time are sacroscant and the one is told to wait his turn and the cuddle continues even if the other one is pawing at me (god that sounds bad) until a reasonable quality of time has been had - i have been known to move the cuddle to another room if need be.

Sandwiches are by invitation - so when cuddling, if mummy asks the first cuddlee if he minds (and he doesnt go off on one) and he says no, then we sit on the floor, one behind the other and a sandwich made with the most recent entrant to the cuddle in the middle - a Sammy or Jack "Sandwich". Sandwiches happen with Daddy and Mummy too and are a huge treat, especially the double filling ones!

Cuddles generally all happen at floor level as i spend my life sitting with my back to the fridge with grownups having to step over me and babies.  I can pick up both now - hurrah! but only if they both stand on the bed and behave whilst i am doing it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts