21 - 40 of 917 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Good luck ladies

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the advice [email protected], we have had a rethink and are going for a different donor who has unwashed Mot 10 in stock so that we can do multiple inseminations during the cycle.  :) we are planning to start in July so it's just a case of watching and waiting for now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good luck! Don't know if anyone else has seen the bit on the Cryos FAQs, but the MOT score is a minimum thawed MOT, so a MOT10 sample could have up to MOT19 when thawed. Makes me feel slightly better about using it! I'm trying in August hopefully.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Good luck ladies! I'm giving them another go next month - I have to wait until October for another round of IVF, so I figure my own attempts in between can't hurt :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
HI!

GOod luck with your treatment everyone :)

I personally cant wait to go back to Denmark for my final treatment. Hoping for one more baby.

Best wishes

Hope

·
Banned
64 Posts
[email protected]

Although Cryos claim their MOT stated is the minimum that will be received, even a basic internet search indicates clinics routinely report cryos straws contain less than the MOT stated on them. So although I would like to believe they could contain more, I know in reality I would be lucky if I manage to receive what is stated. Their get out clause is that they don't routinely test every single deposit, past testing of the donor is often considered adequate. So they could have simply done one MOT test during the donors recruitment phase and base all future deposits on the results of that.

Pollita Good luck

I'm giving them one more go in early July. Then onto the introduction fresh donor sites if this doesn't work.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Botheration. My Cryos delivery is stuck in Leipzig 'cos its flight got delayed, and now it won't arrive until tomorrow. Fortunately the timing should be OK, and I can swap having tomorrow morning off instead of today to get it delivered, but it's still annoying.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Persipan

Sadly it's always advisable to order for as early as possible in the week, with expected delivery say Wednesday as when delays hit at end of the week you don't get until Monday  so you're lucky it's a Thursday! Looking on the bright side!

And likewise the larger tank is advisable!

I hope that after your dramatic start this is truly your baby turn! 

·
Registered
74 Posts
I kind of prefer the small tanks, because when I'm done I can drop the tank into a DHL Service Point rather than waste another half-day sitting around the house waiting - whereas I can't physically carry the large tank more than a few paces! I have had large tanks when the dates weren't going to work out right, though; and it's definitely reassuring to know they'll stay frozen for so long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh I am really happy I found this forum and especially this thread about Cryos. I am now very far in the process, have reserved semen and will order beginning of August to try my first self insemination.

Cryos states that one home insemination should do, preferably of 2x 0,5 ml MOT 20, but some people 'distribute' the inseminations so would do one straw at some time before the ovulation and one straw a bit later.
But Cryos also states that there is less chance of succes with 0,4 ml then 0,5 ml suggesting the total amount of semen is also important. So, by not inseminating all at once, would I lessen or heighten the chance of succes??

What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm also hoping to try during August. Having read through the whole cryos thread (took a while!), it seems that doing more insems of lower motility is more successful (although high moy and lots of insems would probably be ideal, but not financially workable for most). There are people who have had success with mot5, but did 3-4 insems over their fertile time. I'm going to order 6 mot10 and do 3 insems, I think.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I'm also hoping to try during August. Having read through the whole cryos thread (took a while!), it seems that doing more insems of lower motility is more successful (although high moy and lots of insems would probably be ideal, but not financially workable for most). There are people who have had success with mot5, but did 3-4 insems over their fertile time. I'm going to order 6 mot10 and do 3 insems, I think.
If you can stretch at all I'd advise a couple more inseminations to cover you fir actual ovulation and to ensure sperm are alive to meet that egg! 😃

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many people seem to try with lower MOT, but as many insems as they can afford. AFAIK, the washed only survives for a few hours for AI and unwashed manages 12-24 hours, so it would be really hard to get the timing right. I'm new to this too though, so maybe someone else can advise? I'm going for 6 x MOT 10 over 3 insems, I think.
The washed ones only a few hours? :-\ Where did you get this information?

I have just reserved 2x 0,5 ml MOT20 washed (since there were no unwashed)....I can find my LH peak but don't know exactly when my ovulation comes....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Maysun: The washed sperm is really meant for IUI where the sperm is already a good way there, as it's deposited directly into the uterus. The information I have found says thawed washed sperm may only survive 6-12 hours, so the chances of getting the timing spot on is slim. If you are doing ICI, then unwashed is best as it lives for 12-24 hours. I can't remember where I got that info from though!

MMI: I'd like to try with more insems, but I don't have those funds. I thought about getting mot5 instead, but my fave donor only has mot10 for ICI. I may stretch my 6 straws out by doing a couple of insems with 2 and then 2 singles. I do seem to ovulate within 24h of my +ve opk, which is helpful!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Driving myself mad trying to make my mind up about MOT choice and donor! I can do more insems if I choose MOT 5, but it means choosing a donor that it not the good match as my MOT 10 choice. Then I find myself thinking that in reality, it doesn't matter what blood group, hair colour or eye colour the donor is, as any child will be half of me and their own person. I did find an article which said that 2 insems of MOT 5 gives a higher pregnancy % than a single insem of MOT 10 and that using higher than MOT 20 did not significantly increase pregnancy %.

This month my ovulation seems to have been delayed - my app is telling me that I probably ovulated day 20, but my opk AND CB dual were +ve on day 18. If I'd insemed this month I would have missed O day! Yet to have AF, so app may have been wrong, but it's got me worrying even more!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Made my order this morning! 8 x MOT5. Shipping on Mon 8th Aug, hopefully to arrive in time for my earliest probably peak day on Thurs 11th Aug. So hoping that OD is earlier rather than later, as I've got my 13yo niece coming to stay on the Friday! Why do these things always happen at once?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Made my order this morning! 8 x MOT5. Shipping on Mon 8th Aug, hopefully to arrive in time for my earliest probably peak day on Thurs 11th Aug. So hoping that OD is earlier rather than later, as I've got my 13yo niece coming to stay on the Friday! Why do these things always happen at once?
That's always the way lol!

Good luck!

I remember in my week of ov I had loads of important meetings when I wanted to be out the door ASAP to get home again!

Hope the mot 5 works it's wonders for you too!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Did you go for the longer lasting tank?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Fingers crossed! I went for the 7 day tank as that should keep my little swimmers ok til Sunday, which should be plenty. I seem to alternate with my cycles - shorter with OD15, then longer with OD18-20. I've only been fully tracking cycles for 4 months, but the short/long pattern has held for over a year, I just wasn't temping or doing opks.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Fingers crossed! I went for the 7 day tank as that should keep my little swimmers ok til Sunday, which should be plenty. I seem to alternate with my cycles - shorter with OD15, then longer with OD18-20. I've only been fully tracking cycles for 4 months, but the short/long pattern has held for over a year, I just wasn't temping or doing opks.
Hope the pattern holds!

21 - 40 of 917 Posts